Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 12th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #1
TwirlyTresses
Raw Beauty

Default Rosewater and glycerin toner recipes?

I just finished a bottle of Burt's Bees' rosewater and glycerin toner (Ingredients: Rosewater, SD alcohol 40-B (from yellow corn), vegetable glycerin, cornflower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, witch hazel extract, yucca schidigera extract).

I liked it, but want to make my own alcohol-free version. I have rosewater, glycerin, aloe, and witch hazel. Any thoughts on what proportions to use to combine them? I'm thinking right now rosewater and witchhazel in a 2:1 ratio, with several drops of glycerin and a blob of aloe gel (yes, very scientific ).

Anyone have a tried and true recipe?
TwirlyTresses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #2
SpiralingWaves
Sparkling Beauty

Lol, I throw together most of my skincare recipes like I do when I cook ... a little of this, a dash of that ...

I have a recipe from Natural Beauty at Home by Janice Cox for a rosewater, orange flower water & witch hazel type toner.

4T rosewater
2T orange flower water
2T witch hazel

Not exactly what you want but maybe the recipe could give you a base from which to start? Maybe use aloe in place of the org flower water?

I plan on using this recipe w/a few drops of glycerine, maybe start off with five drops and see how that works, then go from there.

Good luck!

[FONT="Courier New"][I][SIZE="3"]Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us or we find it not. [/SIZE][/I][/FONT] [I]~Ralph Waldo Emerson[/I]:flower:
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][I][URL="http://cg-creations.livejournal.com/"]My Creative Journal[/URL][/I][/FONT]
SpiralingWaves is offline   Reply With Quote