Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 12th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #11
Gladtobemom
Natural Beauty

Default Yes

1-2 tablespoons baking soda to 1/4-1/3 cup of VO5 Key lime squeeze (KLS) conditioner works like a charm. Just "wash" your hair twice with it, massaging your scalp well and squeezing it gently through your hair.

Then follow up with straight VO5 KLS to help make sure all the baking soda is out.

ACV rinse (2 tablespoons Apple cider Vineger or white vinegar with 3 cups filtered or distilled water) I find that the chlorine is just too much on hair at this point.

Now condition with a nice rich cone free conditioner like Elucense Moisture Balance or Giovanni 50/50 or Suave Naturals Coconut.

Now rinse rinse rinse.

You can use a Turbie type towel and then put a little (4-5 drops of Monoi or Coconut oil on your ends.
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you have curly or wavy hair, try plopping.

I use a size 8 kid's Tshirt with the arms sewn or tied off.

I just pull the shirt over my head and leave it bunched around my neck, turn my head completely upside down and finger comb.

Then I slide the shirt neck to my hairline and
open the shirt down over my hair and sort of
lift my hair into the chamber of the shirt.

Stand up and hold the shirt up making a cup by pinching it at the back or side.

Then I can dump the rest of my hair into the shirt. I just pull the shirt together with my hair piled on top my head and anchor the shirt with a bit strong Oxo chip clip.

Then don't touch until dry or morning. Shake your hair out a bit and finger style. Body and curls to spare. If you have waves, this can really bring aout curls.

[URL="http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=955447&postcount=627"]OCM Rocks[/URL]
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #12
Phoenix_Red
Untouched Beauty

There are also 2 water soluble cones, dimethicone copoloyol, and another one (Sorry, can't remember, but you could probably google it) If you use those two, coing and acv will absolutely take care of it.
Phoenix_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #13
Lola19
Untouched Beauty

Wow! Thanks everyone for all the great responses! I am trying soo very hard not to use cones of any kind, but my hair is (for LHC people) 2c/3a,M/C,iii. If you don't know what this means, pretty much it's really thick wavy/curly and med/course textured. I have recently moved back to south florida where the humidity is insane most of the year and before when I used cones the only thing that would help me not frizz was lots of serum and or mousse. Now I've tried a mixture of 100% aloe gel (from Lily of the Desert) and jojoba oil to prevent frizzies and give my waves/curles a nice texture, but my ends seem to stay quite dry when I do this (and I hate dry/ hard feeling hair). So a few times in the last 2 weeks I've been using a serum on my hair (John Frieda Frizz Ease). And I love how it makes my hair feel. So i'm basically trying to find the right thing that will leave my hair soft, encourage waves/curles, and not leave my hair hard. I'm on a mission. :-)
Lola19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #14
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Keep in mind that we all have different types of hair so things are going to work differently. I CO quite often and CO (with White Rain or VO5) will not get cone residue off my hair. It will clean the natural greasies and sebum but not cones. If I have used some cone products and I am noticing build up, I will use a shampoo that says specifically it's a CLARIFYING shampoo. I may even do 2 sudsings if I think the build up calls for it. I will then treat my hair to something like an SMT made with conditioner or conditioners that are non cone and moisturizing or I'll do a deep treatment with a product made for deep conditioning with my heat cap. That will re-moisturize my hair after being cleansed with the clarifying conditioner. How often I have to do that depends on how much I am using cone products.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote