Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 31st, 2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Veronica
Sparkling Beauty

Default Shoes!

Help me find a pair of shoes to wear on vacation? Something good for walking, and looks good with skirts and pants.
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:51 PM   #2
atlantaz3
Sparkling Beauty

Summer or winter?
Summer pretty but comfortable walking sandles. I have cute Barefoot sandles that are really comfortable.
Winter - a new pretty loafer with a slight heel. Something with a trendy buckle so it won't look to dated with the skirt. Nine West makes some nice loafers.
atlantaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Veronica
Sparkling Beauty

Winter, but winter in California...
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM   #4
TammySue
Radiant Beauty

I have a pair of sketchers that are very comfortable - like a tennis shoe, but they have lace inserts and look dressy. They have a criss-cross straps that attach with velcro.

Just an idea!
TammySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Nat242
Dazzling Beauty

I love my Colorado sandals.

They're a nice, soft leather, closed at the toe but with a couple of little 'windows', for better air circulation, and with an ankle strap, which makes it better for walking, IMO.

My sister swears by Diana Ferrari for good quality, comfortable, every-day shoes - they're probably a bit more stylish than my Colorados!
Nat242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:58 PM   #6
darian moone
Alluring Beauty

I second Tammy Sue's suggestion. I've got a pair of black Sketchers with black w/silver metallic trim with a criss cross velcro strap (nice and adjustable if feet swell at all). They are super cute, very, very comfortable, and extremely light weight yet have a good tread on them for sure footing. I love my Sketchers!

ETA: Think of them as Mary Janes masquerading as tennis shoes. The look really cute with a skirt too and come in all colors. I think I paid somewhere around fifty bucks for them. Worth every penny.
darian moone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:15 PM   #7
Lexy
Sparkling Beauty

I've been wearing some sort of like these: http://www.hushpuppies.com/en-US/Pro...en/Melita.aspx

Hm... can't figure out how to make a word into a link. But anyway, I've been wearing them in CA in the winter, and they work.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:20 PM   #8
ilovemycop
Captivating Beauty

another ditto on the Sketchers.I just bought a pair in brown that are made for biking(didn't know that untill after I bought them)but I've been doing alot of walking since I got them and they are super comfy.

whew that was a run on sentance lol

[CENTER]:star:Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights :star:[/CENTER]

[/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=magenta]:frog:The LHC'er known as Patrycja :frog:[/COLOR][/CENTER]
ilovemycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:16 PM   #9
manderly
Alluring Beauty

I have a soft spot for ballet flats.

I tried these on in a Macy's and was in love. Unfortunately I had less than $30 to my name at the time.....

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...247&AdID=42897
manderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:12 AM   #10
Madam Librarian
Dazzling Beauty

Default Another vote for the Skecher Mary Janes!

I have a pair of the Skecher Mary Janes in black leather and suede. I wear them all the time, they are wonderful shoes. They look great with jeans, capri pants and shorts/skirts, and I sometimes even wear them with my dressier clothes to work at the law firm. No one has raised an eyebrow over my sneakers.

Here's a picture!
Madam Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote