Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 25th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #1
kwaniesiam
Radiant Beauty

Default Shoes to go with long skirts?

I love long skirts, but hardly ever wear them because I have issues finding shoes that look decent with them. For those of you that wear skirts often, what shoes do you wear with what kind of skirts? I prefer ankle length skirts, and I like boots, both high and low ones. I never wear sandals or things that shoe my toes, I'm just uncomfortable in them. Advice? I guess I'm trying to go for more of a medieval/hippy type style, since that's mostly what I wear now.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #2
AJoifulNoise
Enticing Beauty

I wear nothing but ankle length skirts. And I wear whatever shoes I want. Boots, sneakers, sandals (though I haven't found decent pair in a long time...).

Most days I wear denim so it doesn't really matter... I wear any of my shoes. Like these:

Yes, they have zippers. That was their selling point. They are blacker in real life. The flash lightened them. I believe I got these at Sears.

At least once a week (more often in the spring/summer) I wear flowy broomstick skirts. With those I either wear sandals or these:

I have them in brown and black so I can wear them with pretty much any outfit I own. They are from Wal*Mart.

I never wear dress shoes. I own one pair of black ones but they make my toes go numb. I've never owned a pair that didn't hurt my feet...
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/aug08siggy.jpg[/IMG][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I]Lady Hathor of the Blessed Harmony in the order of the Long Hair Knights[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
AJoifulNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #3
OhioLisa
Captivating Beauty

Birkenstocks. They're more than just sandals. (That sounded like a line from a cheesy commercial, but anyhoo...) They have a good variety of styles, very comfy, and popular with the styles for which you are going.
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #4
AJoifulNoise
Enticing Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLisa
Birkenstocks. They're more than just sandals. (That sounded like a line from a cheesy commercial, but anyhoo...) They have a good variety of styles, very comfy, and popular with the styles for which you are going.

I wore Birks every day for years... Then I found a really comfy, supportive pair of sneakers and I can't wear the Birks anymore. They hurt my feet really badly. I tried to wear them for the pedicure I had this past month and they killed my feet and legs. It was kinda sad.
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/aug08siggy.jpg[/IMG][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][I]Lady Hathor of the Blessed Harmony in the order of the Long Hair Knights[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
AJoifulNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #5
Clare-Dragonfly
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJoifulNoise
I wear nothing but ankle length skirts. And I wear whatever shoes I want. Boots, sneakers, sandals (though I haven't found decent pair in a long time...).

Yep. Exactly!
Clare-Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #6
Nat242
Dazzling Beauty

I wear lots of long skirts and dresses - I wear boots in winter, and in summer, I love my comfy colorado flats (style: closed toe with ankle straps, usually a leather blend of some sort). I don't like wearing socks unless it's very cold, so I rarely wear sneakers. I like shoes that I can take off easily - I like being barefoot when appropriate and when surroundings permit.
Nat242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #7
darian moone
Alluring Beauty

Since you don't want to show your toes, I'd say boots.

I love boots and wear them almost year 'round. Boots with heels, flat boots....it really doesn't matter, although for just knocking around and shopping, etc. I'd be tempted to stick with the flat or wedge heeled boots for comfort sake. But there's nothing like boots with heels to feel a little "va-va-va-voomy".
darian moone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #8
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

I still have doc martins and wear them with my long skirts.

ETA: I should also add I wore doc martins underneath my wedding dress, too many other brides I know wore uncomfortable shoes, this was not happening to me
[I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Purple]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Blue]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3] "If you are taking me somewhere where I don't need a boa, then I don't wanna go. - Gabrielle Solis"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Lady Alkonost of the Heavenly Plumage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #9
Medievalsilver
Dazzling Beauty

Medieval Moccasins would work or any pair comfortable sandals.
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #10
atlantaz3
Sparkling Beauty

Ballet flats or a nice kitten heel? Guess I'm too girly!
atlantaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote