Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 12th, 2006, 12:26 AM   #11
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinglady
Aloe vera, lots of it. Lavendar oil also helps, I add about 10 drops to 1 oz. of aloe. Drink lots and lots of water. Hope you feel better soon!
I second this advice and have also heard great things about (but haven't tried) Polysporin. Go for real aloe vera gel.

Drink lots of water. Hope you feel better soon. Sunburns are no fun.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:04 AM   #12
brunette
Raw Beauty

I third the aloe gel and lavender oil! Both work well either together or seperately. I used only aloe gel on my husband's forehead sunburn last week on holidayand it really helped. If going out in the day, use aloe, let dry then apply suncream (high factor) over it.

Last edited by brunette : June 12th, 2006 at 01:06 AM.
brunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #13
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppercurls
Take about 20-25 aspirins and let them dissolve in lukewarm/cool bath water and soak as long as you can. This really helped me last time I fried myself! I second the advil and aloe vera too. Remember to drinks lots of water! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

I second this advice, but add some milk powder to the water as well. Just aspririn can be a tad drying, and you'll want as much moisture as you can get. Remember to get plenty of sleep and water too, otherwise it won't heal as fast. Other things that help are cucumber juice (makes a great toner, too!), honey and yoghurt. Maybe you could try doing a honey+yoghurt mask on your face?
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:45 AM   #14
Pegasus Marsters
Cultured Beauty

I got sunburnt on Saturday. Of all places I was sitting in the car with the window down and got burnt all down my left arm from having it rested on the open window. I've been using aloe gel on it since then and it's healing up really nicely. Most of the burning and redness is gone now.

Another piece of advice is to take a cool bath or shower. Not cold, just cool. The water cools the burns for a while and soothes them. Just make sure you dry with a soft towel.
Old June 12th, 2006, 02:07 AM   #15
shiningstar
Untouched Beauty

another vote for aloe vera here, i bought some for doing smt's but when i burned it took out the pain and the next morning i had gone from nasty red to a nice brown. but really there is no substitute for just not burning in the first place, lol i know sometimes though your out and just dont realise.
Old June 12th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #16
Wind
Sparkling Beauty

Another vote for aloe, and drink lots of water. Depending on where you're burned, it's usually more comfortable to keep the area uncovered, so it's not chafed by your clothing.
Old June 12th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #17
golden_gal
Natural Beauty

Aloe, aloe, and aloe!! My sunburns virtually disappear after a nice thick application of this stuff!!
golden_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #18
shay48328
Untouched Beauty

I just experienced my first sun burn. I am black but I have had Vitiligo for the past 5 years. For those of you who don't know....it is a condition in which you start losing your skin pigmentation (turning white). I have it on my hands and just one small spot by my right eye. Anyway, I was out in the sun for awhile this weekend and I couldn't figure out why my hands were so sore and pink....that's when it occurred to me that I probably got sun burned. Now I have to look for a good sun block or something. Now I get to experience what so many others have experienced for so long.....I hate it
[LEFT][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][I][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]" When you are confused about your goal in life, let go of everything. Go deep within yourself and the answer will appear to you."[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]

[/FONT][/SIZE][RIGHT][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=purple]Written in 2006 by Prem P.Guragain[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[/RIGHT]
shay48328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 08:04 AM   #19
mugglemomof3
Sparkling Beauty

another vote for vinegar here

As soon as you can, take a cool shower, and pour straight white vinegar on the burned skin. Let it sit for a minute and then rinse with cool water. As soon as you get out of the shower, put clear aloe gel on the burn, and let it dry. Then use an Aloe After-Sun lotion to moisturize. You can use a name-brand (like Banana Boat) or a store-brand (like Walgreens, Albertsons, or Wal-Mart).

If you do this right after the sunburn and at least twice a day, within 24 hours the sunburn will be all but gone. The mixture of vinegar and aloe really really takes the sting out. Be sure and drink lots of water after a sunburn too.
mugglemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #20
Medievalsilver
Dazzling Beauty

When I get sunburnt on my face I use facial scrub, then put some moisturizer on my my face. But as long I use a high SPF sunsceen I don't burn that bad.
Medievalsilver is offline   Reply With Quote