Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 11th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #1
Snow White
Untouched Beauty

Default appropriate toe nail polish colors...

What colors are best for certain seasons? Does it even matter? I have the same question about lipstick colors but maybe I should post that somewhere else ??? Anyway, right now I'm barefoot or wearing sandals most of the time so I want my feet to look nice. I usually wear clear or French manicure on my fingernails (or leave them unpolished).
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #2
Delila
Enticing Beauty

I seldom wear sandals, so I wear whatever strikes my fancy. Usually, I prefer vivid colors like sapphire blue, emerald green, etc. .
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #3
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

I wear sandals constantly, and I wear all kinds of colours. Red, green, purple, blue, even black. I like to decorate my big toe with a single rhinestone too. I figure, if you're looking at my feet, I may as well give you something to look at besides my bunions

If I had an office job though, I would stick to neutrals, like peach, pink & tan. OPI makes a wonderful colour that I used to wear in my paper-pushind days called Queen of De Nile, which I would describe as a kind of cafe latte sort of colour. It is discontinued, but they have like, 100 colours, so I'm sure they've got something close. Or you can try ebay.... http://cgi.ebay.com/OPI-Queen-of-DNile-VINTAGE-Very-RARE_W0QQitemZ5677450724QQcategoryZ31816QQssPageNa meZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pricey there, but like I said, they have tons of colours, and they stay like heck! I could let it grow off my toes if I wanted to
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #4
Amari
Raw Beauty

Right now my toes are painted blood red. Two weeks ago they were Hot Tamale Orange.

Summer is my favorite toe season. I tend to go with brighter polish colors and pick colors I would never wear on my fingers.
Amari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #5
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

98% of the time I wear Cherry Jubilee, deep dark blue red. If I go have a pedicure, I get french done on my toes.

That was cool about a big rhinestone , I 'll hafta try that.
Old June 11th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #6
teela1978
Untouched Beauty

I tend to HATE polish on my fingernails, but I feel almost naked without something on my toes. I don't think anything is neccessarily "inappropriate" when it comes to toes (except maybe moss green, looks sorta "fungusy"). Lately I've been going with pinks, but reds make me feel happy and I'm a sucker for blues or purples
teela1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #7
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

I think any and all colours are appropriate for toenails. Mine are currently a sparkly gold, and I plan in painting a pink heart on the middle of my big toe ones when I feel like it.
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #8
BBGrrl
Radiant Beauty

I wear whatever polish tickles my fancy that day. If I am in a red mood I wear red, it's the same for pink, green, blue, or any other color that strikes me. I have well over 200 colors .
BBGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #9
lizzernog
Raw Beauty

I always wear red just because it makes me giggle and it looks good on my toes. Until summer comes, that is. Then I wear a sort of dusty rose pink, which makes my feet look tan (since they don't tan).
lizzernog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #10
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

I usually wear one color, Cherry Jubilee, which is a dark burgundy blue red. If I get a pedicure, I have them do my toes-ies in a french.