Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM   #1
Isilme
Dazzling Beauty

Default polished nails and henna

I'm discovering the world of henna, and i totally love the colour I get on my nails! But, it seeems like the henna stains the nails not as good as it could have done when they are polished (not nail polish, just a sort of file that makes the nails smooth and glossy) have any of you an idea of why the nails do not absorb as much colour when polished as non polished?
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #2
Shell
Dazzling Beauty

I am confused by your question. Do you mean that you apply henna after you buff your nails? Buffing your nails my rough up the surface, and aid henna staining, but I would worry that it might stain unevenly; have your found this to be true?

I have found that henna works better if you've just showered or soaked your nails in water. That helps the absorption. Also, it's good to reapply it after a few days to get a darker more even stain.
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Isilme
Dazzling Beauty

my nails seems to absorb less colour after "buff" I find this very strange. I have reapplied henna several times.
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #4
Calista
Alluring Beauty

I guess that since by buffing your nails you smooth the surface, thus diminishing the surface area, the nail will absorb less of the color. Itīs like those new washbasins and bathtubs - they are made of a new material thatīs extra smooth, so the dirt canīt cling to it.
Calista is offline   Reply With Quote