Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Lisa2b
Untouched Beauty

Default How to Achieve this Style?

I was wondering if any of you could give me some tips on how to achieve this style myself? My hair is the same length as the hair in the photos.
I would be very grateful for any help or suggestions.
Thanks!

Lisa2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #2
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

That is a pretty 'do.

From the photo, I would guess that her hair was set, the curls gently finger-combed then a side-part half-up was done. It looks as though the front hair was left loose, only the hair from about an inch and a half to two inches back was pulled back. It also looks as though the hair on the sides are left free.
Then the half-up is ornamented with a pretty clip.

That looks like an easy style to copy.
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #3
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

Large curlers, a front piece that's sideswept to form bangs, the top hair held back with pins and decorated with flowers. Maybe a small rat (stuffing) above where the flowers are to give the right pouf. I don't know your hairtype, but if it's straight or wavy you'll probably going to have to grow your hair a bit longer to achieve just that look too. I think her real hair is around waist when stretched out.
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #4
Lisa2b
Untouched Beauty

Thanks for breaking down the style Shermie Girl that helped me get the style more step by step.

I took into account that her hair would have to be longer, since curling shortens it. My hair is about waist length, sorry I didn't specify that earlier. My hair is strait and I'm Caucasian.

What type of curlers do you think I should use the foam ones or a curling iron?

Do you think the top of the head was teased at all to get that volume on top of the head?

Last edited by Lisa2b : June 15th, 2006 at 08:20 PM.
Lisa2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #5
enitsirk
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2b
Thanks for breaking down the style Shermie Girl that helped me get the style more step by step.

I took into account that her hair would have to be longer, since curling shortens it. My hair is about waist length, sorry I didn't specify that earlier. My hair is strait and I'm Caucasian.

Do you think the top of the head was teased at all to get that volume on top of the head?

*raises eyebrows*

*thinks foam ones will be recommended just because what LHCer would say to use a curling iron*

Now eiyela, remember you gotta give the advice for the 'do ...Can that be achieved with foam rollers? I'd think probably but I've never curled my hair.
[CENTER][URL="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/160-6050_IMG.jpg"][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/th_160-6050_IMG.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/160-6001_IMG.jpg"][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/enitsirkz/hair1/th_160-6001_IMG.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
enitsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #6
HairColoredHair
Natural Beauty

I think it would be possible to achieve that look with rollers (steam if you're impatient). Just have to be very delicate and patient when removing them so as not to muss the curls.
HairColoredHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #7
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2b

Foam rollers or Caruso rollers (my fave hair safe get curl fast appliance). Either would give you the pretty curl you see in the picture. Personally, I wouldn't use a curling iron. But it is your hair. As far as the pouf in the back goes, maybe one of those little hair forms to create the lift without the damaging teasing?
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #8
cichlid
Sparkling Beauty

It also looked like they used a lot of strong product. You'll have to use something to keep them looking exactly like that. I should know...my sister tried to do that look for a banquet and yeah...didn't use enough product and she just went to the stylist. Those curls look easy but in actual fact they are REALLY hard to do with curlers and as much as everyone doesn't want to hear it...you would do best going with a curling iron. That's from my sister's experiance. Oh, and it is really damaging so use with caution.
Old June 16th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #9
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by enitsirk
Now eiyela, remember you gotta give the advice for the 'do ...Can that be achieved with foam rollers? I'd think probably but I've never curled my hair.

I've never used foam rollers, just those steam ones and the huge plastic things with the holes. But even old toilet paper rolls would work just fine. My mom used to do that when she was a teenager.

I think the easiest way to go about it would be to use curlers first, then touch it up with a large-barrel curling iron. I've always found it hard to get the same volume on the top with a curling iron as you do with rollers. And you do need to get some good product to make the curls hold. Super-hold mousse and gel (you can use gel on just the tips and roots for extra hold there, it tends to get rather stiff if you use it all over) on damp hair for the rollers, let dry. You can use a blowdryer if you want, but it's best to let it sit for at least half an hour, and don't use the blowdryer to dry it fully. It can make the curls a tad frizzy. Make sure the curls are completely dry and cool before you take the curlers out.

Lightly separate the curls with your fingers (do not use a comb or brush!), then put the top hair back with the pins and any decorations you want. Then touch up with the curling iron, then spray. Have someone help you, if possible. It's so much easier to get the back good with help if you're not used to curls.

Last edited by eiyela : June 16th, 2006 at 09:14 AM.
eiyela is offline   Reply With Quote