Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #11
wavybrunette
Untouched Beauty

Great pair of shoes!!

I am so glad some others talked about the band-aids for blisters, breaking in around the house, etc.

I must say, I consider you quite brave. Such a shoe for me seems too "out there" in terms of structure, can I walk, will it fit my wardrobe? I love the fashion shopping magazine Lucky, but I definitely gravitate toward the more conservative and classical nature of style. Once in a while, I will get something that is on the trendy side.

Your shoes are a great color and probably so versatile. I bet once you get them broken in you will wear them from late Spring thru about early Fall.
wavybrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #12
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavybrunette

My high heels presently consist of one pair red suede ( I purchased them to go with a specific dress, no longer have the dress, kept the shoes), black round toe pumps (I just got them on special at a store here, Von Maur) they are leather with fabric trim, really very pretty and surprisingly comfortable!
Hmmmmmm......could we be "almost" neighbors? You mention Von Maur and I see your location is Husker Nation. Could that mean you are near Omaha? I'm only 3 hours from there and get down there a few times a year. I got my SUV in Blair and go down there for service now and then.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #13
Bonnie
Natural Beauty

Interesting article I just came across 5 minutes ago in an email. Women getting their toes shortened.

I don't have anything against people who wear high heels, but those look really painful Even if you don't break your ankle, your whole body is thrown out of whack while wearing them and it can cause a lot of foot problems.

Just my $.02. FWIW, when I walk to the store downtown I take my shoes with me and put them on when I get there. The more heel rise, the more your body is thrown off.

Bonnie
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote