Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #1
afu
Sparkling Beauty

Default Nivea pure and natural?

Has anyone here used the Nivea pure and natural range? it has 95% natural ingredients and i can easily get hold of it from work. I have combination skin which is extremely annoying, my skin can be both dry and flaky and oily at the same time so i need something which will moisturise and make my face look presentable and non-flaky but not cause me to break out on the oilier areas. Any thoughts? I've been using aloe vera gel with great success through summer, but now winter is here i need extra moisture
afu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:01 AM   #2
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

Hello afu, my skin type is similar to yours I think. I tried the Soothing Day Cream for dry/sensitive skin (the one with camomile - the box has a pink stripe on it) in the winter last year for the same reason as you, and didn't like it that much. It seemed greasy and didn't sink in as well as I would like and I THINK it broke me our or at least made the odd few milia/whiteheads that I occasionally get on my chin worse. I also didn't really like the scent. However, it didn't irritate my skin at all and was a nice affordable option (I buy mostly organic skincare these days and they're not always that cheap). I didn't HATE it, I just felt very 'blah' about it I suppose.

I did use up the pot though. I'm trying to remember if I ended up 'diluting it' in my hand with aloe in the end to get round the greasiness. I may well have done. I usually try and find a way to get a product to work!

They do a Moisturising version for normal skin, I wonder if that would have been a lighter option and maybe not so greasy.

I think for the price though it still might be worth giving it a go. My skin's needs have changed now I'm in my mid-30s so I still haven't figured out what it needs.

I have a tube of the Hand cream from the same range and it's fine - does the job
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:57 AM   #3
afu
Sparkling Beauty

Thank you I'll have to have a think
afu is offline   Reply With Quote