Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 16th, 2008, 12:17 AM   #1
Aninha
Raw Beauty

Default cocoa butter vs. shea butter

So I have pretty dry skin and I wanted to start moisturizing with either shea butter or cocoa butter. I've never tried either, but I know quite a few people here do use them. Which one do you find better, based on personal experience? What's the difference between them? About how much do they cost, and where do you buy yours from?
Aninha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #2
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

I just wrote you a huge reply and my boss threw a breaker and killed the power to the whole building.

Lets try this again:

Cocoa butter- is usually easier to find locally. You can get it at most pharmacy type stores that sell skin care items. Its pretty moisturizing, soaks in fast, and smells really good.

Shea butter- harder to find locally, most people have to buy online. I have some I got from Amazon.com and some I bought from Chagrin valley. Both work well, but I like the texture of the stuff I bought from Amazon better. It is more moisturizing than cocoa butter, but takes longer to soak in, in my experience.

I use both at times, but I like to mix both with coconut oil when I use them. Coconut oil is also super moisturizing and smells great too. It is also great stuff if you have eczema or psoriasis, and is antifungal.

Hope that helps!
OhioSKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #3
longhairedfairy
Raw Beauty

Cocoa butter fades scars and hyperpigmentation for some people.
longhairedfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #4
Aninha
Raw Beauty

I ended up buying some shea butter and so far I like it, but I think I'm also going to get some cocoa butter in the near future and try it out. It can't hurt to have both right?

I must say I love the shea butter. My skin has never felt so soft! I barely ever moisturized before because it was such a pain to put lotion on. But I've been using the shea butter all over and I actually enjoy it because it feels great.
Aninha is offline   Reply With Quote