Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:54 PM   #1
truepeacenik
Dazzling Beauty

Default poo bars and day two-three "waxies"

I say "waxies" because it isn't like sls greasies.
I really like my hair on day one and most of day two but by day three, the crown and sides are waxy feeling (as in scratch and white soft stuff comes up. This does not happen on day one.
I use CV bars, all vegan (no honey, no millk), rinse with either ACV or herbal white vinegar, diluted (read a drop or two of sage oil in a 10 oz bottle).
I use Nature's Gate condish on the length (not in the waxy zone).
weirdly, a soap bar did me better.
where should I start tweaking my routine? one sudsing v. two has no noticeable difference.
a test with my sweetie's BBB had no effect, other than creeping me out that I was using an animal product.

I guess I'm OK with switching the poo and soap bars.
truepeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM   #2
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

Which CV bar are you using? It seems that some are more conditioning than others, and I remember reports of people loving some bars and not being able to use others. Also there was a mention somewhere of hair feeling greasy, but might be oily with an ACV that wasn't diluted enough. There's some ideas to start with.
[I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Purple]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Blue]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3] "If you are taking me somewhere where I don't need a boa, then I don't wanna go. - Gabrielle Solis"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Lady Alkonost of the Heavenly Plumage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:16 AM   #3
BlondeInDisguise
Sparkling Beauty

I don't know about the actual waxies, but the white residue stuff, I've noticed, goes away--or gets better anyway--if I rinse more. I was pretty disgusted with it as well, and so I decided to try rinsing better, and since then I haven't had a problem.

[CENTER][FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=DarkOrange]Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
BlondeInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #4
alys
Untouched Beauty

I tried my luck again with CV poo bars for about 6+ months very recently. I loved them because they are natural, handmade and my money is supporting what I beleive is a good family. But, I ultimately had to stop using them because of what you are calling 'the waxies'. I tried olive/babassu, xtra honey/beer/egg, rosemary lavendar, moreno, summer sunshine, you name it, I tried it. All with same result, nice right after the wash, but waxy 2-3 days after and until I re-washed. It didnt seem to matter whether I did ACV or used conditioner, I tried every combination. But its like my hair was just stuck together, lost it's 'free flowing' movement. I had to go back to liquid, (tho still natural and soap-based). Sucks becuase I realy love poo bars!
alys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #5
truepeacenik
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liluri
Which CV bar are you using? It seems that some are more conditioning than others, and I remember reports of people loving some bars and not being able to use others. Also there was a mention somewhere of hair feeling greasy, but might be oily with an ACV that wasn't diluted enough. There's some ideas to start with.
I've a mini coal scuttle full of samples and quarter bars.
(really, my mom sent me gifts in it. What else can I do withit but consign it to hair service)

My best results yet have been with sunflower citrus garden SOAP bar.
Nettle was Ok, but seemed harder to actually use. I sent it on to a friend who wants to try CV.

I have in poo bars:
herb garden
lavender spice
mud & clay
neem
truepeacenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:44 AM   #6
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

So it's a bit hard to know if it's meant for dry or oily hair then, probably. Another thing I thought of is that you may still be adjusting, I know some people have mentioned that there was a transition period with shampoo bars because of the build up of previous product.

This article might help you too, if you've not already seen it.
[I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Purple]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Blue]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3] "If you are taking me somewhere where I don't need a boa, then I don't wanna go. - Gabrielle Solis"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Lady Alkonost of the Heavenly Plumage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #7
OhioSKy
Enticing Beauty

I have been having this problem, too, with my CV bars. I ordered the babassu and marshmallow and extra honey beer & egg. I used the marshmallow one first because I liked the smell better, but its just like you described, waxy. The waxiness maxes my hair a bit harder to comb, and it feels greasy, though it dosent really look that way.

I pulled out the honey one today and tried it with a white vinegar rinse instead of an ACV rinse and my results were much better. I also made sure I rinsed even more than usual, so Im not sure ifs the poo bar, the vinegar, or rinsing that helped, but somethign did.

Once agian, just gotta find what works for you. Isnt that irritating? No help at all!
OhioSKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #8
sapphire-o
Raw Beauty

How many times do you lather up with your CV bars? They're really pretty mild so you might not be getting all the oils out. A couple of them are very moisturizing I can't use at all.
sapphire-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #9
ChloeDharma
Raw Beauty

I tried going all natural and started using a CV bar olive and babassu....but i got that weird waxt scalp thing, even scrubbing with an ACV rince so i gave up trying. I'll definately work my way back to it though.
ChloeDharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #10
spidermom
Alluring Beauty

Soap is notorious for being hard to rinse away, especially if your water is on the hard side. That is why detergent cleansers were invented in the first place (along with other reasons). Detergent reliably rinses completely away in all kinds of water.