Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 20th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #1
royalscorpio
Dazzling Beauty

Default Fine Haired Lovelies! Conditioner?

Okay, all you fine haired lovelies who get as many horrible tangles as I do! Aren't tangles just the bane of our existance? I'm floundering terribly with finding a conditioner that leaves me with tangle free hair PAST day two of no washing. Day one is great! Minimal tangles, silky feel, soft. Day two? Starts out okay... but by mid day.. a tangled, terribly mess. I do wear it up as much as I can. My finacee` LOVES it down, so I like to wear it down (plus, I LIKE wearing it down), part of the day. But day three of no washing, is aweful. I have minimal split ends, I do dust. I know I need a trim, but still, I get tangles my entire length. I oil with coconut oil before washing, I condition in the shower, and I use a leave in. HELP!

So tell me, what conditioner works the best for those of you who are just as fine haired as I? Cones and no-cones, all welcome!
royalscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #2
OhioLisa
Captivating Beauty

I am all about Giovanni. Smooth as Silk and 50:50 are my favorite conditioners. No need to even try anything else. They're perfect.
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #3
royalscorpio
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLisa
I am all about Giovanni. Smooth as Silk and 50:50 are my favorite conditioners. No need to even try anything else. They're perfect.

I looked at those today in the store, they are cone free, yes? So far, I haven't had much luck with no cone. Not that I am ruling it out! How do they stack up to other no cone conditioners? Other cone free conditioners I don't do well with at all, even if my waves do pop with no cones.
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #4
neoma
Alluring Beauty

I shampoo daily, so I can't speak to DD1 or DD2 hair. But my hair is almost stick straight and baby fine, and it tangles horribly. I used to be a Pantene Smooth & Sleek girl, because of the unsurpassed slip it provides.

I recently discovered Giovanni, and I must agree with OhioLisa. I have been using the Giovanni Triple Tea Tree Treat, and it is absolutely amazing. I can't figure out how this stuff works, since I believe it is cone-free. But I can feel the tangles fall out while I'm still in the shower.

I haven't tried the two varieties that OhioLisa mentioned, but the Smooth As Silk is next on my list of "must tries."
neoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #5
OhioLisa
Captivating Beauty

They are all cone-free, but are very thick and detangle well. Other cone-free condishes are a joke compared to Giovanni. Seriously worth a go in my opinion.
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #6
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

my nape hairs are very fine and on day 2 i have to make sure that before i leave the house i spray them with cone filled kids detangler spray... it really works and i dont have to switch my conditioner just to accomidate the tangles... im quite fond of the smells vo5 has to offer. i cant afford conditioner that costs more than a dollar a bottle now anyway
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #7
royalscorpio
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggyflop
my nape hairs are very fine and on day 2 i have to make sure that before i leave the house i spray them with cone filled kids detangler spray... it really works and i dont have to switch my conditioner just to accomidate the tangles... im quite fond of the smells vo5 has to offer. i cant afford conditioner that costs more than a dollar a bottle now anyway

I do that already! I spritz the ends and my nape hairs with the detangler, only helps for a little while. Maybe I need to find a heavier detangler spray.
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #8
Velvettt
Dazzling Beauty

I've been having such a bad problem with tangling, I can't wear my hair down at all any more. Even my sweetie's favourite, a high pony, leaves me with such bad tangles, I have to cut some out.

I clarified with BS and ACV a few days ago, then spent several hours on a determined S & D mission. Still had dry, tangly ends.

So I heaved a heart-broken sigh and trimmed off an inch. It's slightly better today. Still tangled but I was able to finger them out when I took my pony down.

As soon as my budget permits, I'm getting me some of that Giovanni stuff!
Velvettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:29 AM   #9
Madam Librarian
Dazzling Beauty

I have just started using Tresemme Anti-Breakage and I love it even more than Pantene for slip. It does have cones in it. I've only used it a couple times, so I can't comment on any buildup issues.

I thought I would never find anything slippier than Pantene, but this Tresemme stuff sure is! I also have a moisturizing formula that I have yet to try, so I don't know if the whole Tresemme line is just as wonderful.

I think we're in the same boat re: cone preference. I tried cone-free a couple times. My waves did get better but the tangles just weren't worth it. With the mats I was getting, I would have wound up with about 3 hairs left on my head from pulling and breakage, but they would sure be wavy!

If you try Ohio Lisa's suggestion of Giovanni Smooth as Silk (haven't tried 50:50, so I can't comment on that), I found it to be too light for me. I need something super heavy and super slippy (I color my hair, so that is probably why). But if you find it too light for regular use, I have found it makes an excellent leave-in when mixed with a drop or two of your favorite oil and applied to wet hair.
Madam Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:37 AM   #10
Anje
Dazzling Beauty

Sounds to me like all the oils in your conditioner are absorbed or worn off by the middle of day two. You might try applying more leave-in, or adding a small quanitity of oil around the time it starts getting tangled. A small amount of jojoba or even olive oil in distilled water in a mister seems to distribute a light layer of oil and moisture into my hair, and is harder to over-do than oiling directly. (I wouldn't put coconut oil in a mister, though, unless your room temperature is consistently high enough to keep it liquid. It's a good way to kill a mister really quickly!)

As far as conditioners, I really can't say. I'm doing the WO thing right now, which works well for me even with my fine hair.
Anje is offline   Reply With Quote