Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old April 10th, 2008, 03:00 AM   #1
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

Default Thinner for nail polish

Does anyone know where I can get thinner for nail polish?

I have searched high and low here in Australia, but haven't been able to find any. My last bottle (Manicare stuff) lasted me about 5 years, so maybe they worked out that it enables people to use their old nail polishes for longer, and stopped making it?!?
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:05 AM   #2
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

I used to just add nail polish remover, but I get hits that this is not recommended *shrugs* Otherwise this is the best hit on google.
[I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Purple]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Blue]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3] "If you are taking me somewhere where I don't need a boa, then I don't wanna go. - Gabrielle Solis"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Lady Alkonost of the Heavenly Plumage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #3
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

Ah... nail polish remover - yes, that could work. Thanks for the idea, Liluri. And I'm still hoping I'll find a bottle of "proper" thinner one day!
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #4
feisty redhead
Alluring Beauty

Ulta has a nail polish thinner. clicky I have always just used a couple drops of nail polish remover though. Which I know is bad; I don't know *why* it's bad but that's what I've heard. I never seemed to have any problems with it though.
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/natredsig.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]
feisty redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #5
curls2grow
Enticing Beauty

Have you tried checking one of the beauty supply stores? I buy one of the generic brands at my local beauty supply and it works great. I've heard that we don't have to be too picky about thinner -- just not to use remover as thinner.
curls2grow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 01:39 AM   #6
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

I haven't been overly exhaustive in my search, I guess - there are probably a couple of outlet stores I can still check. Will do so - looks like it will be my only choice bar the expensive online stores (which I doubt I can order from, to Australia, anyway...).

Appreciate the suggestions.
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:16 AM   #7
tameriska
Raw Beauty

I used to have a Sally Hansen nail polish thinner (bought years ago) and I went searching their site, and came across this, which actually suprised me.
tameriska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #8
Garnett
Dazzling Beauty

no no no no no!! DON'T use remover! Over time, it will dry the crap outta your polish and totally ruin it. I've found thinner in drugstores and beauty supply stores. You can order it from http://8ty8beauty.com/index.html which gets great reviews from the girls at Makeupalley.com.
Garnett is offline   Reply With Quote