Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 31st, 2008, 04:46 PM   #1
atlantaz3
Sparkling Beauty

Default Purse help (long)

Okay I admit Iím a purse snob. Itís been about three years since I have bought a new purse. I just canít find anything I like, itís not even a price issue. Iím a classic and have a closet full of coaches, buying them over the last twenty years or so. If you take care of coach leather they can last forever. However with coach becoming so enamored of their C signature line and itís not even leather, Iím not the coach fan that I once was. I was glad to see that they have the classic line on their website, but even they are not what I am looking for. So hereís a tick list I came up with for my next purse

Nice leather Ė no mock prints, or imprints Ė classic colors
Organizer pockets Ė at least two
Cell phone outer pocket
Key leash Ė not a deal breaker but I am tired of digging for my keys
Shoulder strap Ė can be two long handles
Good lining Ė no funky mod prints, signature lining acceptable
No zipper top Ė not a deal breaker
No buckles or large charms, or signature logo tags (removable ones acceptable)
Medium size not too bulky

The last purse I bought was in August, a little earth license plate Colorado. I love it! But for daily, itís too small and really doesnít go with an office suit! Other than a few bargains off eBay it has probably been three years since buying a new purse. I currently am carrying my coach black back pack Ė I know fashion faux pas, but itís working for me. The other bag I almost bought was a Harvey Seatbelt bag, but again for the office? Dooney Barrel All Weather Leather was another choice but now itís discontinued and I donít feel savvy enough to buy one off eBay. Iíve looked at Burberry but canít bring myself to pay that price for essentially a plastic purse! I looked at Sak but that is the snob part I decided a purse under a $100 isn't go to make the "long haul" and I wondered about the quality of their leather.

So if you have made it through reading all this I welcome any suggestions for brands or styles Ė I really want a new purse. I just think all those hobos with clunky buckles are not for me. thank you
atlantaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM   #2
ReadingRenee
Natural Beauty

I was browsing on Ebags the other day and I came across Piel Leather purses that seemed really nice, with nice leather, clean lines, and fairly simple. I don't know if its what you are looking for or if you have heard of them but you might want to check them out.

And Ebags is a great place to shop online for purses in my experience especially if you have an idea of exactly what you want.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

Have you looked at Fossil purses? (I found some at ebags.com). I'm a purse snob, too. No fake-leather. I want a single shoulder strap, one big compartment, with maybe 2 or 3 small side pockets. I hate purses with a bazillion compartments. I get lost! I'm very picky in purses.

Anyway, I bought a Fossil purse this past summer, but started carrying it a few months ago. I LOVE it! It is well made, leather, somewhat trendy without being over the top.

You might look at them. Good luck purse-shopping!
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I was going to suggest Fossil and Teachbear beat me to it. I too have a nice collection of Coach bags and wish they hadnt strayed so far from their early bags. I have 3 or 4 Fossils and they have been good. I think there are some styles that might meet your criteria. Tignanello is another brand that isn't bad. Mine have held up well.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:00 AM   #5
manderly
Alluring Beauty

Have you considered Dooney & Bourke?

Some of their stuff is tacky as hell, and some is totally swoon-worthy.

French Leather collection:http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCt...3&beginIndex=0

Alto (I heart this emerald green color sooo much):http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCt...5&beginIndex=0

Annalisa Leather (not all have the clasp thing):http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCt...?section=21778

Pebble Grain Leather: http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCt...?section=19340

And Ebags.com, as mentioned before, have a fantastic selection:http://www.ebags.com/handbags/leathe...=4001+20036680

I have 2 D&B bags, both have 2 inner organizer pouches and 1 zipper area. The larger bag I have has a key clip. The big bag I have is open on top and has a magneic button strap to hold it closed, but it's very easy for me to reach in the opening and grab my cell phone. They both have a metal square with their logo, which doesn't seem to excessive to me. The logo tag is removable.

I also have a Coach bag, but it's a dark brown logo fabric with small metal feet on the bottom of it.

I own a Tignaneglo (sp?) bag from ebags, which is a nice pebble leather and has great features (all you've described) but it doesn't get too much love from me (the Coach is king).

I'd definitely recommend you check out a D&B store, they really do have some fantastic bag choices (I bought 2 instead of the 1 I had wanted because they were on sale. I think I spent about $400 total).
HTH!

Last edited by manderly : February 2nd, 2008 at 12:07 AM.
manderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 10:46 AM   #6
funnybunny668
Raw Beauty

I've got a Fossil purse I've had for about 3 years, I think.
I don't carry it daily these days, since I like to switch out (I'm currently carrying a big red handbag from JCPenney), but it's still in the closet for later! It's gotten very soft and natural looking (it's tan leather). One of my favorites!
funnybunny668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Lexy
Sparkling Beauty

I found the perfect purse here: http://www.levenger.com/?cm_ven=Google&cm_ite=Levenger%20home%20page&engin e=Adwords&keyword=Levenger+home+page&SITrackingID= 856321

I have the bomber bag, but they have more feminine purses that will fulfil all of your requirements.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:27 AM   #8
ReadingRenee
Natural Beauty

oh Manderly you evil enabler you! Those Dooney and Bourke bags are BEAUTIFUL!!! I always thought they only did cheesy logo bags. (thats all I see around here) Now I have to seriously consider them.

I love purses and Im on the look out for a new one as well.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 02:32 PM   #9
manderly
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee
oh Manderly you evil enabler you! Those Dooney and Bourke bags are BEAUTIFUL!!! I always thought they only did cheesy logo bags. (thats all I see around here) Now I have to seriously consider them.

I love purses and Im on the look out for a new one as well.

Hahahaha, I seriously know what you mean. For the longest time I thought D&B was what the cheap, snobby little teeny-boppers walked around with, because all I would see where the multicolored, tacky as all hell teeny tiny bags. When I actually ventured into a D&B at the mall, I was SHOCKED at what gorgeous bags they had!! Turns out they have their cheapy little (up to $100) bags all the teenies can afford, and they have a whole snazzy collection of really classy, gorgeous bags in the $200-$700 range (and more!). It was so bad my friend had to talk herself down from buying a gorgeous deep blue laptop bag/briefcase while we were there

I almost swooned right out of my chair when I saw the emerald one (I posted above, the add photo the girl is holding). I knew I MUST HAVE IT. I am also really (surprisingly) loving the Hayden (Panitierre) bag. I usually don't follow celeb stuff, but I think it's a sexy bag.

And yes, I'm an evil, evil enabler.
[/LEFT]
manderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 07:11 PM   #10
ReadingRenee
Natural Beauty

Quote:
For the longest time I thought D&B was what the cheap, snobby little teeny-boppers walked around with, because all I would see where the multicolored, tacky as all hell teeny tiny bags.

HAH! TOTALLY what I'm talking about!

Im glad you opened my eyes to way more possiblities... but I suppose that IS what evil enablers do isn't it?

K and Im really done hi jacking this thread now.