Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th, 2006, 05:17 AM   #1
rachel060186
Raw Beauty

Default Thinking about giving up on long hair because ....

I just don't feel able to take care of my hair properly. I am getting fraustrated because I can't find any cone free conditioners.. I have printed out both the american list and UK list of cone free conditioners but when I get to the store they all seem to have cones in the list somewhere whether they are Dimethicone or Panthenol, or Methylchloroisothiazolinone,.

I don't know much about ingredients but these are the ones I keep seeing when I am studing the ingredients lists in the stores. Are these cones?

Please help because I am seeing all your beautiful hair and I really think my has potential to be lovely too.
rachel060186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:45 AM   #2
Snowymoon
Natural Beauty

I would skip the dimethicone, but you could try the other 2 ingredients. Some folks' don't care for them, but they may be okay for you. You never know until you try. Don't give up just yet!

[I][COLOR=Navy][B]:chicken:[/B][/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=Navy][B]Behold the extremely cute chicken! She wants to take over the world! [/B][/COLOR][/I]
[/CENTER]
Snowymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:49 AM   #3
pietri
Raw Beauty

I'm nowhere near an expert on this, but when I check ingredients lists for cones I look for things ending in -cone or -oxane, and I know a few of those (I think the ones starting copoly... or PEG(some number here) and then the -cone word) are watersoluble which means they shouldn't build up.

Experts to the rescue please
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:50 AM   #4
curlsgirl
Radiant Beauty

Yes! Listen to Snowy! If you love long hair then please give it more of a chance! I used cones for years and although I like no-cones a little better, lots of beautiful long-haired folks use cones all the time and LOVE them! Have you thought of ordering online?
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:53 AM   #5
rachel060186
Raw Beauty

Its just so expensive ordering online. Still wouldn't know what products to order. Like I said I printed off a list of conditioners without cones in the UK. I went down to Boots and Superdrug this lunchtime and looked at the products that were recommended to use as cone free conditioners but based on cones ending in one or cone or nol most seemed to have ingredients with these words in them.

I think I just need a list of all cones. lol
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:01 AM   #6
Kuchen
Raw Beauty

Rachel - just get Boots Basic Conditioner, 30p in a white bottle. Does the trick for cone-free CO, and lasts too!
Kuchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:01 AM   #7
naj
Dazzling Beauty

rachael060186 Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Panthenolare not silicones.Methylchloroisothiazolinone is a preservative. Panthenol is Vit B5. So that should not be a problem.
Naj
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:12 AM   #8
rachel060186
Raw Beauty

Yay!!! Woooo!!! Whooopy!!!! Not Cones!!!!

thank you sooooooooooooo much. xxx
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:48 AM   #9
Morticia
Untouched Beauty

Plus, cones are not universally evil. I know that some uber-longhairs who still swear by them.
Morticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:58 AM   #10
rachel060186
Raw Beauty

I don't doubt that Morticia but I really want to try and just see what results I will get from them.

What sort of results should I expect from not using cones?