Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 13th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #1
gilly
Natural Beauty

Default pH problem!

Hi,

I have been talking to a naturopath about all my health problems which include, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, insomnia, itchy skin, excess abdominal fat (well just too fat all over!) no energy etc.
I was told to get some pH testing strips and check regularly, I am way too acidic!! I need to get it under control, initially supplements were suggested but I can't afford them at the moment so its going to have to be better food and drink choices for me!
I have spent ages reading online about pH balance and its quite frightening in one way and amazing in another, I am going to record everything in my diary and will let you all know how it goes!
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #2
LisaJaney
DS Moderator

One of my dearest friends was just telling me yesterday that she topped-out the chart on acidic, too. She said if that thing could have GOTTEN yellower-oranger, it would've. She's already eating a bunch of broccoli and stuff (that's supposed to help) and she tripled-up on the supplement, but so far she's really acidic...

Let me know what works for you; I'd like her to know about this, too!

Good to see you, Gilly!
Lisa

:chicken: [SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Plum]Nops and a banana-hammock. Woot! :chicken:

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showpost.php?p=5692&postcount=53"]Deodorant recipes, for the ladies...[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]
LisaJaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I've read on the acidic/base stuff. I'm curious to know more about the testing, but am too busy in real life to worry about that right now. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, though!
Old February 14th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #4
ktani
Dazzling Beauty

Default ph problem

It doesn't work like that - the pH strips.

My system gets too acidic too.

Many foods that are acidic if you were to be able to measure them after the body processes them are alkaline - most vegetables and fruits except cranberries as long as they are fairly natural - orange juice with pulp for example.

Meat, grains, sugar and processed food are mostly acidic.

Eat normally but put the emphasis on fresh fruit and veggies - you can steam or grill them - that does not matter - and eat less of the meat, fish etc in portion size compared to the others.

Soft drinks are very acidic - drink water but you can still drink coffe and tea - it is about quantity.

You can still indulge in your favorites - just eat more of the alkaline foods over all.

Here is a list of acid and alkaline foods. Some lists contradict each other.
http://www.energiseforlife.com/list_...line_foods.php
ktani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Cimarron
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktani

Here is a list of acid and alkaline foods. Some lists contradict each other.
http://www.energiseforlife.com/list_...line_foods.php

Ooo all my favorite things are on the alkaline side. Go me! I only rarely eat things from the acid side. I giggled when I saw they put eggs under "dairy". I've never seen a cow or goat lay an egg but okay.

Last weekend I got some of Bragg's liquid amino acids and it IS good. A good alternative to soy sauce, which I see is on the acid side. I guess I will continue on with the Braggs and not buy any more tamari/ soy sauce then.

I wish I could get my husband to not eat so much meat though! I'm sure he's acidic.
Cimarron is offline   Reply With Quote