Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 12th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #1
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

Default concealer

I have luggage under my eyes that I need to cover up. I've tried so many concealers that I am afraid there's nothing on the market that I haven't tried!

I'm looking for a good concealer that will cover my circles without looking cakey, but has some staying power. Any suggestions?
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 05:42 AM   #2
bowie
Raw Beauty

The best staying power one that I have found is Stila. Get it at Sephora.com I have used BE (Bare Escentuals) Bisque and that does a pretty good job. Burts Beest wears off, but is creamy and decent. Definitely, for me, Stila does the job.
Old June 13th, 2006, 05:57 AM   #3
Jennifer
Alluring Beauty

I really like Clinique concealers.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #4
Delenn
Raw Beauty

I like the Clinique concealers as well.

Also Pure Luxe has their "color correction" powders which are *awesome* as concealers. The yellow works magic under my eyes and the green covers red spots. They sell samples, you should give them a try and see if they work for you.
Delenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #5
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I am the Queen of Dark Circles . I use Benefit Lemonaid as a yellow concealor and then BE Bisque applied with a small concealor brush over it. Prescriptives has a crayon that comes in yellow that works well and also a concealor crayon in different shades. That works well too.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #6
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

I have one of BE's concealers... called Well Rested. It doesn't do anything for me. I should put it up for swap!

Tried Benefit Lemon Aid, and it creased badly, so it went back to Sephora.

Not sure if I want to try Clinique. I'm sensitive to something in their foundation and it made me break out in hives.

I'll check out Stila, since I've never tried it, as well as Pure Luxe (that's a MMU, right?). I'm not willing to give up on MMU, since I've heard such great things about it, but BE doesn't float my boat, kwim?
kimberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #7
wavebaby
Dazzling Beauty

Another Clinique rec. Also, the best thing for dark circles is actually a hilighting pen, save the concealer for blemish marks. There are a few really good ones on the market, I use Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. It's probably the most pricey one, but you need literally a slight touch. Mary kay has one too, I believe.
wavebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #8
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

I have very dark circles under my eyes and I have also used BE Well Rested and it didn't work for me either, I think it is more of a eyeshadow than a color corrector/concealer. I use SunCat MMU SunRise and SunLight to cover my dark circles.
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #9
Elyce
Natural Beauty

Well-Rested didn't work for me because it wasn't a good match with my skin tone. I get the best results from BE Butterfly, it's an eyeshadow and quite yellow in the jar but goes on fairly neutral and covers really well for me.

I second the recommendation for YSL Touche Eclat, I get it from QVC. EL also makes a similar product, but I like the YSL one best.
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #10
zub
Untouched Beauty

I didnt like BE either.. or the benefit. The only clinique I liked was the acne one (EDIT: not for under eye). Ive tried about everything and I like burts bees and Lancome.

I had an awesome highlighting cream once, but my fingers had worn of the gold label (on a little white tube) by the time I finished it. Ive tried a TON and nothing has come even close the the one I had... maybe i'll try Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat.

Last edited by zub : June 13th, 2006 at 12:04 PM.
zub is offline   Reply With Quote