Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #1
hairfitness101
Sparkling Beauty

Default Anyone here make their own foundation?

I've had trouble with nearly every type of foundation I use. Either they clog my pores, I'm allergic to it, or it just looks and feels terrible.

I tried a few brands of mineral makeup and I believe I was sensitive to something in it. Gave me hives and skin all red and itchy.

I was considering trying Earth's Beauty cosmetics but if there's hardly anything in it, why can't I make my own? I didn't have much luck googling instructions or recipes. I was hoping some of you might have some ideas or recipes you'd be willing to share? Thanks for any tips.
hairfitness101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #2
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

Ask Suncat. She makes her own MMU, maybe she has some pointers for you? I can't remember if she joined here or if you're gonna have to wait until LHC is up again, though.
Old June 12th, 2006, 11:19 AM   #3
hairfitness101
Sparkling Beauty

Thanks eiyela, I'll check the member list to see.

Counting down to the 18th in the meantime.
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #4
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

I make my own mineral makeup and would be glad to help you. It is fairly easy to make but does require an investment to get started with everything you need. The hardest part of making MMU is getting the formulation figured out and making sure everything is mixed well. I tried different mixing methods and found that a large mortor and pestal works the best. I have a large marble one that I use. It takes time but I feel it is worth it and I enjoy making it.
SunCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:08 PM   #5
hairfitness101
Sparkling Beauty

Thank you SunCat for responding. Do you by chance use this site for your supplies? http://www.making-mineralmakeup.com/
I was looking through it not even knowing where to begin and wondering if I should even try. Do you sell your "products" on an Ebay store by chance? I found some other sites I might try too. I'm definitely no chemist but tired of spending and hating every product I try. Thanks again.

p.s. just saw your other post, where you get your supplies from. Thank you for posting that.

Last edited by hairfitness101 : June 12th, 2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #6
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairfitness101
Thank you SunCat for responding. Do you by chance use this site for your supplies? http://www.making-mineralmakeup.com/
I was looking through it not even knowing where to begin and wondering if I should even try. Do you sell your "products" on an Ebay store by chance? I found some other sites I might try too. I'm definitely no chemist but tired of spending and hating every product I try. Thanks again.

I do sell my makeup but not on eBay click on the link here in my signature and it will take you to my website.

Last edited by SunCat : July 22nd, 2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Updated Information
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #7
hairfitness101
Sparkling Beauty

OOooooo, more stuff to buy. Thanks for the links Suncat.
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #8
SunCat
Radiant Beauty

Hairfitness101 you are very welcome, I love shopping too

ETA: Bismuth Oxychloride can cause skin irritation in some people it does me, I break out it itchy red spots all over my face. Corn starch can also cause irriation to some people as well.

Last edited by SunCat : June 12th, 2006 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added additional information
Old April 7th, 2007, 02:45 PM   #9
Dulci
Alluring Beauty

Suncat! I've been looking for the link to your website, I need to sample your foundations colors.
Dulci is offline   Reply With Quote