Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #1
ratgirldjh
Raw Beauty

Default Dove soap makes a great poo bar!

I love poo bars. But really I usually just use soap for my hair with an ACV rinse. Lately I got into CO washing (with cones) for a brief period only to find that even though my hair looked great the ends got dryer and dryer and my hair always ends up limp after a few washes and I need to clarify.

Conditioners without cones leave my hair too dry. One day out of desperation I tried my Dove unscented soap on my hair. No ACV rinse and it dried soft and silky!

I tried it with various rinses and finally found that a VERY weak ACV rinse works best.

The pH of Dove soap is 7 - so a light acid rinse makes my hair shinier and eliminates what little tangles or dryness would be left without.

Who would have guessed this would work so well! I stayed away from Dove for most of my life being a soap maker myself and preferring REAL soap... Now I've gone over to the dark side (lol) ad I love it!

Old October 4th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratgirldjh
I love poo bars. But really I usually just use soap for my hair with an ACV rinse. Lately I got into CO washing (with cones) for a brief period only to find that even though my hair looked great the ends got dryer and dryer and my hair always ends up limp after a few washes and I need to clarify.

Conditioners without cones leave my hair too dry. One day out of desperation I tried my Dove unscented soap on my hair. No ACV rinse and it dried soft and silky!

I tried it with various rinses and finally found that a VERY weak ACV rinse works best.

The pH of Dove soap is 7 - so a light acid rinse makes my hair shinier and eliminates what little tangles or dryness would be left without.

Who would have guessed this would work so well! I stayed away from Dove for most of my life being a soap maker myself and preferring REAL soap... Now I've gone over to the dark side (lol) ad I love it!

Well, technically, you've gone over to the white 1/4 moisturising creamy lather side

I think I've used Dove before as a shampoo bar. Oh, me, I'll try anything at least once.

That's great, ratgirldh, because I remember from LHC how picky your hair and scalp has been! I hope it continues to work for you! (It's a cheap option too!)
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #3
Anja
Raw Beauty

I like the dove bar as a shampoo bar, too. I discovered it last Winter and now I use it every second wash. I find it very gentle.
Old October 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #4
LadyHeather
Sparkling Beauty

My friend Brendan uses Dove as a shampoo bar, has done for years. He doesn't acid rinse as he has soft water. He calls Dove his 'moisturising treatment'! He has amazing hair, too. But I think partly that's genetics.

I haven't tried it yet, but as soon as I get back to a decent amount of natural hair, I might