Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 13th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #1
blendedchaitea
Untouched Beauty

Default Deep Treatments?

Normally I'd do a search on LHC, but seeing as our beloved site is being spiffed up at the moment...

I have a deep treatment planned for the fifteenth. Problem is, nothing I've used yet seems to work all that well. Protein makes my hair crunchy, my hair gets enough oil from leave-ins, and I don't think my hair is particularly pleased with SMT. I'm running out of ideas!

So, what deep treatments have worked for all you medium-thickness BSL wavy haired girls (and boys?) I'm willing to try anything! Well, mostly anything.
blendedchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #2
Abanilla_Surfer
Dazzling Beauty

I'm a BSL wavy too and new to deep treatments so I really can't be much help, but I'd been interested in the answer. There's a whole thread on LHC about how difficult it is to get a routine going with wavy hair and I'm no exception. What works one day is a total disaster the next. The 1st time I did SMT my hair wasn't too happy. The 2nd it loved it. The 3rd I had to wash again the next day because it was so bad I just couldn't wait until my scheduled wash.

What oils have you tried? I have to alternate which oils, how much and where I use them (lengths, ends, crown) depending on my hair's mood. It's kinda like having a baby, you have to learn what it's trying to say to you. A language I'm not yet fluent in.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hope you find one.
Old June 14th, 2006, 01:19 AM   #3
Stephanie
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Coconut milk soak
virgin coconut oil
Kiehl's Deep Treatments (any of them)
Fructis 3 Minute Deep Treatment (I think it's 3 minutes...?)
Redken AllSoft Heavy Cream

If all else fails, damp bun.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #4
rachel060186
Raw Beauty

I don't really understand how leaving your hair wet and then putting it up into a bun is good for your hair - would love that to be explained.
rachel060186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #5
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

The idea is to let your hair soak up as much moisture as it possibly can. The damp bun takes a long time to dry, so if you need more moisture in your hair, it's the ideal way of lettinng it soak it up.
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:41 AM   #6
naj
Dazzling Beauty

I'd get a hadache if i damp bunned my hair? A little extra time with my conditioner in shower gives me sneezies..excuse me please.Looks like i spent too long in the shower...
Would you like to try mayonnaise as a DMT? I have tailbone length hair..1b.
And they love this treatment
1 whole egg
1tsp almond oil or oil of your choice(heavy for curlies, light for starighties)
2tsp Veniger(I use white veniger, ACV would be better)
1tsp lemon jucie
Few drops of essential oil(your choice)
Whisk up everything. Wash hair as usual, work well into the hair. Leave on for not more than 1hr(egg starts to dry)
Rinse well.Dont shampoo unless your hair feels too greasy. Dont condition, as this recipe is already very conditioning.
My hair likes protein only in this recipe. Plaine egg would make it crunchy.
Good luck
Naj
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #7
Juliet's Silk
Raw Beauty

Yeah I so understand your problem with the deep treatment and hair that doesn't like protein - locks us out of almost ANY deep treatment one could do (coconut milk soak contains protein too, enough that my hair was frizzy and dry afterwards, can you believen that???). I hate that

Anyway, what I do if my hair needs an extra treat... I either oil my hair heavily the night before or I add some oil to my favorite conditioner. I also add much honey, mix everything and warm it (works better then!). Then I slather it on and let it sit as long as I can stand it.
If you have you can also add Glycerin or Panthenol or something like that.
I think that if your hair is pretty happy with your washing routine, then a deep treatment isn't as necessary as with more dried out hair. I don't feel that my hair needs it. With COing, I have much conditioner for a longer time on my hair regularly anyway.

At the moment I'm trying Cassia again, I'll report back how my hair liked it this time.

For the record, I'm a wavy wannabe (1c).
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #8
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendedchaitea
Normally I'd do a search on LHC, but seeing as our beloved site is being spiffed up at the moment...

I have a deep treatment planned for the fifteenth. Problem is, nothing I've used yet seems to work all that well. Protein makes my hair crunchy, my hair gets enough oil from leave-ins, and I don't think my hair is particularly pleased with SMT. I'm running out of ideas!

So, what deep treatments have worked for all you medium-thickness BSL wavy haired girls (and boys?) I'm willing to try anything! Well, mostly anything.

What conditioner do you use when you mix up SMT? I've had the most satisfying SMT's when I use NG Original Herbal Conditioner.

Other than that, Sally's has some single packets of deep treatments that have no proteins, or cones. And they usually cost under $2.
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #9
Stephanie
Aphrodite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyela
The idea is to let your hair soak up as much moisture as it possibly can. The damp bun takes a long time to dry, so if you need more moisture in your hair, it's the ideal way of lettinng it soak it up.
Yup. My hair loves it.

[SIZE=1][B]Clicking on our sponsors at the top
:flower: of the page is another option that :flower:
will help keep us going![/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:21 PM   #10
blendedchaitea
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
What conditioner do you use when you mix up SMT? I've had the most satisfying SMT's when I use NG Original Herbal Conditioner.

Other than that, Sally's has some single packets of deep treatments that have no proteins, or cones. And they usually cost under $2.

VO5 Strawberry Milk and Creme Something Or Other. The first time I did an SMT I used Dove Intenstive Moisture and I got icky nasty flakes.

Would yogurt and honey work? Honey will definitely draw moisture in, but I'm not sure if yogurt would be too protein-y.
blendedchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote