Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Fashion!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #11
physicschick
Alluring Beauty

Pictures! First is the pink shirt with gray-brown pants. I think this works but am not sure.

I wore the outfit with a jade necklace (which kind of a cool green for a jade, not a spring green like some jades). All day, I kept thinking something wasn't right. Maybe the necklace doesn't go? You can barely even see it in this pic, though.

I'm not sure if you can tell the colors accurately enough from these pictures. There is pretty universal agreement that these pants don't go with a blue shirt, but I don't know if you can tell from this picture:
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #12
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

My personal expert, PPD says that the combination in the last photo works well, at least with the way the colors show on my monitor. We both were taken with the jade necklace, and it looks great with the blouse and pants. As an aside, I think the sleeve length on the pink is very flattering for you. You have pretty arms, and they show them nicely.
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #13
physicschick
Alluring Beauty

Aw, thank you, Raederle. I am pleased to hear you like the sleeve length, since I have about 5 other blouses that are almost like this one!

Yes, the blue shirt probably does look fine in these pictures. I think the pants have olive undertones that my camera isn't picking up. Maybe I'll try it as an outfit anyway (if we have a cool day--the pants are courderoy) and see whether I like it or not.

(Oh, what does PPD stand for? I can't figure it out.)
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:23 PM   #14
Rosemary
Untouched Beauty

Well, from the way the outfits look on my monitor, both shirts go with the pants. The necklace is very pretty, but I don't think it goes with the pink shirt. I think it would go with the blue shirt better IMO. I would wear a pink(ish) or even red necklace with the pink shirt. You could even intertwine two necklaces, like a pink necklace WITH the jade, then I think it would work better with the pink shirt. Layering necklaces is in right now, anyways. Just my two cents.

Last edited by Rosemary : March 16th, 2008 at 09:21 AM.
Rosemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #15
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Ah, sorry, PPD is my Precious, Precious, Daughter.
Old March 16th, 2008, 02:42 AM   #16
basak
Sparkling Beauty

I think the pink shirt is a good match. I also liked the necklace, it looks like it's somewhat close to the trousers in colors.

[URL="http://beslap.livejournal.com/"]My LiveJournal[/URL]

1b/M/ii, 33' something
basak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM   #17
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I love the pink blouse with those slacks. I don't care for the blue one with them. But you have to remember I have some color deficiency (yes, a rarity for women).
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM   #18
stargurl84
Untouched Beauty

I think both shirts are a good match. As you stay away from really obvious pattern clashes, any solid matches any solid. Thats my personal opinion anyway
stargurl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #19
Katze
Dazzling Beauty

both look good.

My solution to color problems is to mostly wear dark colors. They match, and I don't have to worry. I wear lots of navy, stormcloud grey, teal, petrol, black, and dark brown. I mix blues all the time but I don't care.

Today, though, I am wearing RED pants - old ones I had hidden away. I am not sure about them - they are a deep, bluish red, jeans cut, and kind of feel flashy. I could never wear pink with brown pants-I don't wear pink and I would feel far too colorful (and not dramatic enough) but it is a nice color combination.

Looking at things in different light helps, as does sticking to colors that look good on you and then pairing them with black. I guess I am kind of conservative - I hardly ever wear patterns, either.
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote