Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 10th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #1
feralnature
Raw Beauty

Default Bare Escentuals MU, picking colors

Hi, I usually post on LHC and lurk here

I am fixing to order my first ever mineral makeup and am going through sephora.com to purchase the Bare Escentuals Start Up Kit. I am struggling with the decision between the colors of the "medium" kit and the "tan" kit. Although I am of European descent with light eyes and freckles, I also get alot of sun and tan well in the summer. When i look in the mirrow next to my 3 adult daughters, i look remarkably tan next to their light skin and blue eyes.

So has anybody ordered the medium kit? or the tan kit?

Any descussion of MMU colors would help me as I plan on ordering tonight.
feralnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Hey, welcome to the board. If there's a BE boutique near you, they will apply and help you select the color. Here's a link to the Get Started kits. If you click on the shade selector, you get this, which might help you select the right color. Remember, you're trying to pretty much match your color, though minerals are pretty forgiving, and if you're off a bit, it probably won't be a big deal. Carolyn is the real pro here, and maybe she'll be by with better advice.
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

It's so hard to pick colors off your computer monitor. If you can I'd highly advise going to a Sephora or a BE store if you can and have them help you. The sales clerks are so helpful. I can't advise on tan shades as I use LIGHT and FAIRLY LIGHT. I do know that sometimes you will get a better match by mixing the 2 shades that are closest to your natural complexion. Another reason to go to Sephora or a BE store is to get a one on one tutorial. Everytime I go I learn new things. There is a learning curve with mineral application. It's not that it's difficult. It's just different from the liquid make ups that a lot of us have been using.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM   #4
feralnature
Raw Beauty

Thanks, I'm still investigating. May not use BE at all now, but rather another brand as i am getting really deep into this now. Will keep yall posted on my big MMU adventure!
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:19 PM   #5
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

As long as you're exploring your options, I can highly recommend SunCat's MMU. She is a joy to do business with.
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #6
Tabitha
Natural Beauty

BE lovers, I've just put a whole load of stuff on the Swap Board - new brushes, face and eye colours.

I still use the foundation (Light in winter, Light mixed with Fairly Light for summer) concealers and mineral veil but found that I was just too cackhanded to get the hang of applying powder colours.
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #7
feralnature
Raw Beauty

I bought the BE Start Up kit in medium at the Sephora in Houston (the same place i got my Guerlain Eye kohl in the other thread)...anyway, I am really loving this mineral makeup and the medium was the right color for me although I am "tan" year round (sun damaged really). The TAN kit would have been way too dark even for me. Oh, also, the make up has actually healed 2 small blemishes...I'm amazed at how my skin seems to love it (so far so good).

Last edited by feralnature : April 20th, 2009 at 10:48 PM.