Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 30th, 2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Nastasska
Enticing Beauty

Location: On the day of the dead when the year too dies must the youngest open the oldest hills
Default Eye Liner Your Favourite Colour And Way Of Applying

The title says it all I'm looking for tips as well I have oily skin and eye liner often gets runny so and suggestions would be very welcome
Nastasska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

I use Bare Escentuals Liner Shadow. My favourite colour is Coffee Bean. It is a soft, espresso brown that works with many different skin tones. I mix a little of the Liner Shadow with a drop of Visine and apply it with a fine liner brush. (For different effects, I use different liner brushes and sometimes smudge it out to make it smoky.) I get a perfect line and the Visine locks the liner in place. It doesn't smudge, transfer or run all day but it washes off easily with my cleanser.

BE makes a lot of different colours of Liner Shadow and of course, it is fun to play with the Shadows, Glimmers and Glimpses a liner, too. The possibilities are endless.

Last edited by Shermie Girl : January 30th, 2008 at 09:49 AM.
Shermie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #3
angelthadiva
Enticing Beauty

I use either Avon or MK eyeliner, and use all different colors. My absolute favorite is a dark grey color...In summer months, I use liquid, that might work better for you--It stays all day until I take it off...Or you can "make" your own eyeliner by adding a small amount of water (or visine) to any eyeshadow and apply it as you would your eyeliner using a fine brush.
[CENTER][COLOR=purple]I can resist anything but temptation! :innocent: [/COLOR][/CENTER]
angelthadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Visine? Who knew? I've been using the BE shadows dry and they stay on pretty well. I got a new little brush from ULTA that I'm loving for eye liner. It's a very small rounded flatish brush. I've never seen one like it before. BE has wonderful eye liner colors. I've been using ZEN and FASHIONISTA lately. I'll have to try the Visine thing. Sounds like a good trick. I also like the Prescriptives liner in a small pot. It's whipped and I put it on with a small stiff chisel brush. It dries and you can't smudge it. The crayon type pencils don't seem to work that well for me. They smudge and wear off easily.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Rain
Trampy Toes of the Month

I like black and lots of it. Yeah, raccoon eyes!
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #6
manderly
Alluring Beauty

Nonononono!!!

Ok, listen to me, this is coming from someone who can BLOT her eyelids due to oilyness!!

The eyeliner doesn't matter. Use whatever brand, whatever color, what ever finish you like!

Get a makeup setter like She-Lac (from Benefit) or Model in a Bottle (online), or I'm sure other brands have similar products.

I apply one of my various eyeliners (sometimes even eyeshadow with a wet brush), then when I have my line the way I want it, I take a slanted eyebrow/eyeliner brush and dip it into a teeny tiny bit of my setter, and dab it on the eyeliner line I just made. I go over each line 1-2 times.

And this is when I do my sexy cat eye look with heavy liner and false eyelashes.

My eyeliner will hold like a rock, no smudges or anything. This is the only solution to my oily eyelids I've ever found!

And for application: Gently pull the outside corner of your eyelid out and slightly up, avoiding making a crease. Start at whatever end you are comfortable with, my left eye I go in-out, my right eye I go out-in, just because that's comfy for me.

Make dash dash dash applications of the liner to wherever you want it to stop. Then go back and fill in with more dashes, going in the opposite direction if necessary. The line does not need to be perfect at this point, and it can be heavy in some spots and light in other spots.

Get a smudge brush. Some eyeliners have these attached already, I picked up one at Walmart for a buck with a long handle which I prefer. Gently run the sponge smudger across the line to smooth out everything.

Once you get two even looking eyes, follow with the makeup setter and you will have perfect eyeliner for the rest of the day.

HTH
manderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #7
Carolyn
Aphrodite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain
I like black and lots of it. Yeah, raccoon eyes!
You're way to young to remember the black patent leather eye liner that was around in the late 60's. You would have loved it. There was a chick named Cilla Black who wore it and wore it so well. I think she is still around in England but not as the pop icon of my youth.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #8
Chamomile betty
Sparkling Beauty

I love Mark brand eye liner in Cleo (blackishbrown). I can apply it so thin right above my upper lashes. I am fair and it really gives me a just a bit of definition at my lashes.
Chamomile betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #9
ReadingRenee
Natural Beauty

Manderly, that is a good tip.

I find that Sephora and Mac smudgeproof eyeliner both work really well. I tend to favor browns unless Im in a dramatic mood. And of course that one impulse buy of electric blue that looked cool on the pencil but not so much on me....
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #10
angelthadiva
Enticing Beauty

Yeah, a couple drops of visine on a eyeliner brush works like magic--And nearly waterproof!
[CENTER][COLOR=purple]I can resist anything but temptation! :innocent: [/COLOR][/CENTER]
angelthadiva is offline   Reply With Quote