Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #1
CaityBear
Natural Beauty

Default What is your motivation to work out?

So, I used to love working out and it was easy to do, but now I'm going through a stage where I don't want to work out. Then again I'm also starting to get into my other hobbies again.

Anyways, what is YOUR motivation to workout every day or however often you work out?
CaityBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:11 AM   #2
curls2grow
Enticing Beauty

I recently (in last 1-2 months) started re-committing to my treadmill. My motivation came when I noticed changes in my rear view that I didn't like. Also, loading a bunch of great songs onto my iPod that I have on many CDs really helps me. Truly, if it wasn't for my little Shuffle, I probably would not look forward to the treadmill time because messing with the old Discman was a hassle.

I used to do just 30 minutes 3 days a week. For me, that was not enough to make a difference physically or mentally, and it didn't get me hooked. I pushed myself a little to get to 60 minutes, 5 times per week. I end up walking about 3 miles each time using interval programs to keep it interesting. I know it sounds sort of strange, but I am more motivated to keep my exercise dates since bumping up to 60 minutes even though it's more of a time commitment -- I unwind much better with the longer time; knowing that no matter how bad my day was that I have that 60 minutes set aside for me just helps me cope much better.
curls2grow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #3
kimberlily
Divine Beauty

What is my motivation? I have a few.

1. I'm a stay at home mom with a 6 year old and an almost 3 year old. The little one isn't in preschool, so the childcare at the gym gives me an hour of kid-free time any time I want to go.

2. I'm less angry when I work out, since I can focus on my body and let everything else go.

3. I put on muscle pretty easily, and I love how my body feels when I work out. I feel strong, confident, and pretty.

4. I want to get rid of the baby belly. Really, it has to go.
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Wind Dragon
Radiant Beauty

<-- eyes the elliptical again and considers possible motivations. Wonders why the many that should be keeping her on it somehow do not. Considers the strong possibility that she's just terminally lazy.

Sorry, no help now. Check back later?
Wind Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #5
yogachic
Untouched Beauty

I hope my new motivation will be Kettlenetics. It looks sort of fun.
I hope to order it within a couple months.
yogachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 07:52 AM   #6
rossjen
Raw Beauty

My answer to this one is pretty simple: When I don't exercise for a while, I find myself getting really depressed and unpleasant. I feel a lot better after a good run or swim.
rossjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:04 AM   #7
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

I'm at the age where mere existing no longer means being fairly fit. I recently had a back injury, and have been seeing a physical therapist to help sort things out. Had I been practicing better body mechanics, the injury would never have occurred.

I'm not a gym joiner, but have an exercise bike at home, along with the big exercise ball. They both are helping get me into better condition. The exercise is now a habit, and I really miss it when something interferes with the program.
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #8
funnybunny668
Raw Beauty

I go walking at least 5 nights a week. My motivation is that my doctor told me I had to change my eating habits and lose weight after ending up in the emergency room with my acid reflux. I have no choice, really!
funnybunny668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #9
feisty redhead
Alluring Beauty

My motivation is that after a good workout I just plain feel great; physically, emotionally and mentally. And... it's awesome to go shopping for new clothes when previously worn (possibly snug) sizes are too big.
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/natredsig.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]
feisty redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #10
LoversLullaby
Untouched Beauty

My motivation to work out isn't losing weight, it's to keep my body healthy. If I lost any more weight my doctor would have a fit (I'm a recovering bulimic) so I do small amounts of exercise, enough to keep my body happy and healthy and give me more energy, but not too much where I lose weight from it.