Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old August 6th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #1
spiraleeee
Raw Beauty

Huh how to henna nails?

I love the color I get on my nails when I don't wear gloves applying henna to my head. So last time I did my hair, I tried to take it one step further and purposely apply the henna to my nails and put the gloves on over it. Except that the gloves just wiped the henna off of my nails and I ended up with henna all over my fingers and clean nails. So I thinned out the henna and poured it into the fingers of the gloves. Which proved very messy. Especially when I tried to talk on the phone, and a big glop of henna spilled out into my lap.

In the end, I got nicely henna'd nails but had to put up with orange fingers for a few days. And it was a messy irritating process. Anybody have any better ideas? Is there some accepted practice for hennaing nails? I don't watch TV, so I have no patience for sitting around with my hands idle. I'd like to do my toes, too, if I could just imagine how to do it.

TIA.
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #2
Isilme
Dazzling Beauty

strange, I gave you an answer a couple days ago...doesn't seems like i posted it. Well, if you visit the henna page there are some really good instructions how to henna your nails. I don't use glows, use the henna as you would use regular nail polish, just do a quite much thicker layer. Unfortunately I don't think there are some methods that aren't time consuming.
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #3
hennahead
Untouched Beauty

Try putting some of your hair henna mix in a ziplock bag and cutting a teeny-tiny hole in one corner of the bag. Then you should be able to squeeze it out like icing on a cake, and just get your nails.

To keep it from coming off, you can set it with anything from maximum hold hairspray (use multiple light coats, and let the hairspray dry COMPLETELY before adding the next coat -- or else it will run!) to taping on cottonballs and toilet paper.

If you miss and get your finger a bit, you can use a cuticle stick dipped in alchohol to clean up the edges.

Hope that helps! I don't henna my nails, but I do henna my eyebrows.
~ Elaine. [URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php?referrerid=674"]:flower:[/URL][INDENT][COLOR=Black] “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black] - Ralph Waldo Emerson[/COLOR][/INDENT]
hennahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #4
hennahead
Untouched Beauty

Oh, and another thing -- if you put some sort of oil (vegetable oil works great) on the skin around your nails, then if you miss a bit, you won't end up with such a dark stain there. When I henna my hair, I do vegetable oil all around my hairline.
~ Elaine. [URL="http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php?referrerid=674"]:flower:[/URL][INDENT][COLOR=Black] “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black] - Ralph Waldo Emerson[/COLOR][/INDENT]
hennahead is offline   Reply With Quote