Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 7th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #21
lilmisspicky126
Untouched Beauty

whats your hair type?
1c/2a/M/C/iii

when did you join LHC?
August 2005 I believe.

what was your starting length? and what is your length now?
I started growing out from a buzz cut. By the time I got to LHC my hair was a bit above shoulder length, like 17" or so. My hair right now is about 28 inches long, at waist length.

what are your hair goals?
My original goal was waist length, but I think I'm going to shoot for tailbone, at about 34".

what is your routine?
I shampoo and condition every other day. I do vinegar rinses and DT's every so often. I'm about due for a DT and a trim. I try to keep it simple, my hair is pretty resistant to damage, so I'm kind of rough on it.
lilmisspicky126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 02:22 AM   #22
aisling
Sparkling Beauty

Hairtype: 1B/F/ii

I joined a little over 2 years ago, in December 2005. Back then I had around 25" of hair, I don't remember the exact length. It was a little above BSL. Now I have 35", it does feel and look like a significant change. 35" on me is between hip and tailbone.

This is my first, crappy, length pic from the end of December 2005:

This is the newest one, from January 2008

Not only has my hair grown, I've also found the self timer on my camera and learnt to take better hair pics

I have no idea what my goal is, I'm growing as long as my hair looks decent and I feel like I can handle it. One meter (39.5") of hair could be fun

I usually do some kind of wash every second day, sometimes every third. I don't have a set routine, I do what feels good and what I have time with, mixing CO, COW and C-W-C. This seems to keep both my hair and scalp happy, my hair likes conditioner but my scalp gets unhappy if I only CO for longer times. I also calrify with a clarifying shampoo about once a month, I get buildup despite being on a cone free routine. What I always do is use a couple of drops of coconut oil as leave in, my hair loves this and it's definitely one of the reasons why I've been able to grow my hair. My ends feel good when they get their dose of coconut oil
Old February 7th, 2008, 02:40 AM   #23
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

whats your hair type?
2a/2b/F/M/ii (I had to find this on a cache of the LHC)

when did you join LHC?
December 2006

I started growing from a Bob in November 2005 and I think I was at about 21 inches when joining, I didn't record it - doh. I'm at 27.5 inches now.

I think I'd like to see what my terminal length is but I reserve the right to keep it at a length or trim back to a length if it all gets too much for me I want healthy long hair and I get to decide what that means for me.

what is your routine?
I'm using shampoo bars, ACV rinse and cone conditioner. I henna about once a month but I don't have any atm.
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:36 AM   #24
squiggyflop
Luxe Beauty

aisling
thats some amazing growth!!!!! i hope that in 2 years my hair is that long!!! thanks for showing pics. beautiful hair!!

its so nice to hear where everyone is in their journey
squiggyflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #25
ycelong
Alluring Beauty

I have done two henna treatments to my hair since joining LHC - no more chemical hair treatments for me!! I just received my order for cassia, indigo, black walnut hull powder and henna yesterday - so maybe this weekend I will do the cassia on my hair. The camellia oil is intriguing - I already take Biotin and I am still shedding (thyroid thing I think) I am considering doing the Monistat thing to encourage growth - yeah ok I am desperate!! I already take a multivitamin and I eat an adequate amount of protein but I have become more conscious of it as of late.
Thanks for the tips!!
ycelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #26
aisling
Sparkling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggyflop
aisling
thats some amazing growth!!!!! i hope that in 2 years my hair is that long!!! thanks for showing pics. beautiful hair!!

its so nice to hear where everyone is in their journey

Thanks, it's not actuallya very amazing growth, it's a highly average growth rate . But I think my pics show what you most of all need to get long hair = patience. The difference in 6 months might not be very big but if you have the patience to do another 6 months and then another, you'll really see the difference.
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #27
Madam Librarian
Dazzling Beauty

whats your hair type?
2b/F/iii

when did you join LHC?
November 2005

Starting length was about 16.5 inches, hovering just above my shoulders I believe. I am now at about 22.5 inches. I have had several trims/cuts since joining.

I think I would like hair at least waist length, but maybe as long as hip or tailbone.

what is your routine?
Most washes are sulfate free shampoo with cone conditioners. Every once in a while I will CO or CWC. About every month or so I will clarify with a sulfate shampoo. Used to use henna but I am now trying cassia instead. Tired of the red color. Still experimenting with airdrying and updos. My waves have become more pronounced (2a to 2b) since removing my henna, and I am still figuring out how to work with that change.
Madam Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:43 AM   #28
jel
Enticing Beauty

what's your hair type?
On average, 1c (though it goes from 1b to 2b), M, ii

when did you join LHC?
July 2005 - I found it following a link from a totally unrelated site, and within half an hour decided to join and start growing my hair again.

I had a shoulder-length layered (and razored) cut, I think the longest was 20 or 21". It's 33" now, just past waist.

tailbone, keeping the layered fairy tale ends

what is your routine?
Mostly CWC, on average every 3 days or so - I go by what my hair and scalp feel like. Once a week the last C is a deep treatment, or with added honey. I've been hennaing since before finding LHC (but credit the boards with finding BAQ henna), and a few months ago I started mixing it with cassia. I *heart* H&C!!!

Here's my sig pic from LHC, taken a month ago:

jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:29 AM   #29
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling
Thanks, it's not actuallya very amazing growth, it's a highly average growth rate . But I think my pics show what you most of all need to get long hair = patience. The difference in 6 months might not be very big but if you have the patience to do another 6 months and then another, you'll really see the difference.
Very wise words, my friend! Everyone should print that out and stick it on their bathroom mirrors and computer screens.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:56 AM   #30
breezefaerie
Natural Beauty

whats your hair type?
1a/f/i-ii

when did you join LHC?
November 2006 I think

what was your starting length?

I started at 15"
and what is your length now?
I'm now at 23.25", about a 8" gain in a year and a few months.

I'm growing until I hit 30" and then I will re-evaluate. I don't know how much longer than that I will grow. I want nice full ends and after 30" I don't know what they will look like.

what is your routine?
I CO about every other day using cone free conditioners. My second conditioner is mixed half and half with honey. I comb my hair only; no brushes. I try to wear updos as much as possible and henna about every 8 weeks.
breezefaerie is offline   Reply With Quote