Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 31st, 2012, 08:28 AM   #1
SlightlySoprano
Untouched Beauty

Default Couch 2 5k!

Hey all! We had one of these going at LHC but since the access is spotty at best, let's resume it here!

I was on Week 4 Day 3 but the hurricane interrupted my running and I haven't been out in something like, 5 days!!!

Not sure where to begin again!
SlightlySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Gabriel
Untouched Beauty

Hey! I was thinking about that thread too! My ankle feels tons better but I've got a new job which is leaving me exhausted. I'm hoping to start couch 2 5k again, next week though. I'll be starting from the beginning.

If you feel up to it start at week 4 again?
Hair Type: Fia- 1c/2a - F/M - ii/iii & NC- 2b, M
Skin Type/Makeup: oily/Mineral Makeup
Trader Rating: +4[/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:34 PM   #3
SlightlySoprano
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Hey! I was thinking about that thread too! My ankle feels tons better but I've got a new job which is leaving me exhausted. I'm hoping to start couch 2 5k again, next week though. I'll be starting from the beginning.

If you feel up to it start at week 4 again?

Since it's so cold, I just left off where I started, on Week 4 Day 3 and it felt AWESOME!!! I can run forever indoors, but outdoors I can't breathe well due to my asthma and it being so cold
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Kat12
Untouched Beauty

I can't run outside when it's even remotely chilly either-- I already have breathing issues, plus I'm a mouth breather... breathing hard plus taking the cold air through my mouth directly just lead to a very sore throat/lungs for me in short order.
Kat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #5
SlightlySoprano
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat12
I can't run outside when it's even remotely chilly either-- I already have breathing issues, plus I'm a mouth breather... breathing hard plus taking the cold air through my mouth directly just lead to a very sore throat/lungs for me in short order.

Same issues here! I just hate it when people tell me that treadmill running "doesn't count". What else am I supposed to do?
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Kat12
Untouched Beauty

I think it definitely counts! You might want to give it a couple degrees of incline to make it more closely match outdoor running, but why else wouldn't it count?

I hate running in cold weather anyway. You bundle up to keep warm, then you warm up and push your sleeves up. I think it's a gross feeling when your skin is cold from the outside but your body's warm from the inside. I had the same problem when I was still skating. My skin would get all red because the cold irritated it but all this heat was coming from the inside.
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #7
SlightlySoprano
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat12
I think it definitely counts! You might want to give it a couple degrees of incline to make it more closely match outdoor running, but why else wouldn't it count?

Ran my W5D1 on the treadmill with the incline up at 1.0 two days ago! Nervous for W5D2 today!
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Kat12
Untouched Beauty

Is that the one where they suddenly have you run two miles?

I was terrified for that one too when I did it. I couldn't believe I not only made it but felt really high-energy afterward. I was ecstatic. (I know that sounds dorky, but I have bad lungs and I thought my entire life that I couldn't run. It wasn't until I started reading about running that I realized I needed to SLOW DOWN to a pace I could manage. I'm still so ridiculously slow that it's very very embarrassing [an 11.5-minute mile is my PR on a 5k], but considering that I was always the girl who couldn't even run down a short block without getting very very out of breath, the day I ran a mile-- albeit extremely slowly-- was amazing to me.)

You're gonna love it.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #9
SlightlySoprano
Untouched Beauty

Almost! That was the 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, 8 minute run one. And it was AWESOME!!! Week 5 Day 3 is the 20 minute solid run. I'm in my tech week for my opera this week so running has been put on the back burner until after our performance on Saturday. But oh man!