Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #11
fridgee
Sparkling Beauty

In the morning I do a honey wash/scrub (its normally crystallized from being kept in our cold bathroom so is scrubby until it melts). And that's it! Occasionally I add crushed aspirin or bicarbonate of soda to the honey, but not more than once a week.

I'm thinking of adding ocm back into my routine a couple of times a week as I've developed a few annoying blackheads that the honey isn't shifting. Last time it broke out a nd I thought it was the purge, but I did it for over 2 months and I couldn't take it any longer, honey has cleared my skin wonderfully. I'm hoping doing it less often with a lower castor oil proportion in conjunction with the honey will be better this time.

[CENTER]Come over to the nerd side... we have pi [/CENTER]
fridgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #12
joflakes
Dazzling Beauty

I use a facewipe or a cleanser with cotton pads and run/sleep!

When I shower I use Herbalism by Lush. I also do a facemask about once every week/ten days.

I used to use 9 to 5 by Lush, but I was getting whiteheads all over the show and I think it was cause it's too oily. =(

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Joined[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]October 13th 2011[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Post count[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]2300[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hair improvement[/COLOR]: [COLOR=Magenta]Immense! [/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
joflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #13
girlcat36
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Girl

Oh and girlcat, I have read about your routine on LHC before, and you have amazing skin. It's just beautiful. You inspire me to make my routine much more natural than it is now.

Thank you, Indigo Girl!
[U][COLOR=#666699][URL="http://www.meez.com/girlcat36"][IMG]http://images.meez.com/user/4/3/3/6/7/0/4/4336704_bodyshot_175x233_1203191288389.gif[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/U]
girlcat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #14
jacqueline101
Alluring Beauty

Facial cleansing clothes make up remover clothes and eye make up remover. When no make up is on I use soap and water.
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #15
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I only use soap about twice a week and that is with the little nubby scrubby glove thingy. The rest of the time it is WO. If I'm not being too lazy I'll use a bit of a mix I made, half SeaBreeze half Clear Skin gentle toner, on a cotton wipe and gently, lightly brush it across my t-zone.

Neutrogena moisturizers, I think I have three different ones, they do different things. One is for wrinkles, one has the alpha-hydroxy stuff in it and the third is just a good old moisturizer but it has a very slight tint to it. So I can use it after I've applied concealer and it gives decent coverage. It also has sunscreen in it.

I found some wonderful face cloths at Big Lot's last week. I thought I was getting 4 of them in stack, tied up with a nice wide white ribbon, for $3. Got home and took the ribbon off and there were six of them! Washed them up and used one and fell in love. They are nubby, soft AND nubby, wonderful for gently exfoliating. I went back last Thursday and bought another pack of them. I'm seriously thinking of buying two more sets and putting them under the vanity for future use. Heck $.50 a cloth? AND you get a really nice LONG white ribbon. 36", I just measured the ribbon!
Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:34 AM   #16
Diamond Eyes
Untouched Beauty

AM-I usually do nothing unless I have a bit too much night cream still on my face then I will wipe my face down with some rose water.

PM-Wash Face with a cream cleanser to clean off any and all makeup-right now I am using Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Facial Wash and Scrub. (doesn't really exfoliate that much to me)
Then I wash my face again with the same product to actually cleanse the skin.
I get a wash cloth, run it under hot water and lay it on my face just to make sure everything is removed.
Rose water as a toner.
Eye cream. I am using Azulene Eye Treatment by Earth Essentials. It is blue so I only use it at night.
Facial Moisturizer. I am using Apricot Intensive Night Cream by Earth Essentials.

Shower(usually take showers in the morning)-Scrub with baking soda
Rose Water toner
Moisturize with Almond-aloe moisturizer by Earth Essentials

Saturdays-Steam face with lavender/tea tree oil/peppermint
Facial mask-I use a clay mask or activated charcoal if my skin looks clogged or is breaking out. I use fruit enzyme mask if my skin was dry or dull. I use a moisturizing mask for super dry skin.
Diamond Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:07 PM   #17
.Amanaka.
Raw Beauty

Most of the time I just wipe my face with a cold washcloth in the morning, unless I am taking a shower and then I use my facewash (L'Oreal Go 360 clean... the acne one.)

At night, I wash with the facewash, then use Neutrogena Acne Stress Control toner, and moisturize with either Aloe Gel, Pond's Anti-Wrinkle Cream, or a mixture of both.

The only thing that I really try to remember to do is scrub my lips with my toothbrush and apply lip balm, because I really enjoy red lipstick and it doesn't look good with gunky lips.

Edit: One thing I have noticed since I started using the L'Oreal face wash (about a month ago now) is that my face seems to do really well with a lot of gentle exfoliation. My face is clearer, less oily, and seems a lot happier since I started using the "scrublet" (what a dumb name) every day, instead of just washing with my hands like I was doing before.

Last edited by .Amanaka. : November 1st, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
.Amanaka. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #18
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Amanaka.
Most of the time I just wipe my face with a cold washcloth in the morning, unless I am taking a shower and then I use my facewash (L'Oreal Go 360 clean... the acne one.)

At night, I wash with the facewash, then use Neutrogena Acne Stress Control toner, and moisturize with either Aloe Gel, Pond's Anti-Wrinkle Cream, or a mixture of both.

The only thing that I really try to remember to do is scrub my lips with my toothbrush and apply lip balm, because I really enjoy red lipstick and it doesn't look good with gunky lips.

Edit: One thing I have noticed since I started using the L'Oreal face wash (about a month ago now) is that my face seems to do really well with a lot of gentle exfoliation. My face is clearer, less oily, and seems a lot happier since I started using the "scrublet" (what a dumb name) every day, instead of just washing with my hands like I was doing before.

What is a scrublet?
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #19
piratejenny
Untouched Beauty

Very inspiring thread, here's my story

My whole life my skin was very much on the oily side and acne prone. As for skin care I've been using the Dr. Hauschka products (I can get them wholesale ) for many, many years and was always quite happy with them. Then all of a sudden (and I mean literally from one day to the next) this summer my face turned dry, flakey and itchy and eczema started showing up on my temples and around my eyes. I freaked and had some cortisone lotion prescribed which took care of the symptoms, which came back the moment I stopped using the lotion...

As I am quite happy with my all natural hair routine I started experimenting on my face. I tried WO (made the dryness 100% worse), rhassoul (which I use for my hair and which was also too drying), various oils, honey and aloe vera.

Now, several months down the line, I still get outbursts of dryness and itching but things have however calmed down considerably. My new routine is

AM:
jojoba oil mixed with same amount aloe vera on moist skin

PM:
wash with honey followed by jojoba oil on moist skin
once a week OCM with a mix of castor and EVOO

I have completely given up on make-up (was never a big user anyway) as the mere thought makes me itch and I found it makes no difference in how I feel or how others seem to see me (and I love the ease )

I'm thinking of increasing the frequency of my OCM as a number of blackheads has been creeping up lately.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #20
BrittneyBuddy
Untouched Beauty

Mine is:

Daytime:
-Cleanse with Burts Bees Deep Cleansing Cream
-Neutrogena moisturizer SPF 15

Nighttime:
-Remove makeup with generic Neutrogena makeup remover
-Cleanse with same cleanser
-Neutrogena moisturizer for combination skin (no SPF)
-Perscription acne cream

And then I do an aspirin mask every few days.

ETA: my skin is also fairly oily, sensitive, and acne prone. This skin regimen is perfect for it.

Last edited by BrittneyBuddy : November 8th, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
BrittneyBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote