Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #11
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty
 
spookyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 201
Default

Thanks so much everyone! Im going to investigate the ocm thread and the oils that seem to working for everyone who posted here.

Biogirl87-I believe what you say because the only biology I received was in High school! But I do want to run what I read on the computer about collagen past you. I never know if what Im reading is true or a load of crap! Haha. I cant remember to well exactly what they were saying about it but it was something to the nature of not being able to put collagin on your skin and have it work and make up companies only put it in their products because most people just see that collagen is in there and so they buy it. But its not doing anything because its just sitting on your face. And there are things to do to stop the loss of collagin or the amount your losing-something like that. I will find it and share it with you because I would love to know what you think! Unfortunately I cant do that till tomarrow because I have to leave for my sons football game in a few minutes! Thanks alot!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #12
Indigo Girl
Natural Beauty
 
Indigo Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 2008
Location: East Coast
Age: 40
Posts: 73
Default

I like sweet almond oil on the face too. I also like rosehip oil. I use that as part of my nighttime routine, which is: wash face, apply witch hazel (I like Thayer's rose petal witch hazel which is alcohol free) and then apply rosehip oil. I do find that the oil absorbs more easily into my skin if I combine it with a little bit of water (I do this by wetting my fingertips).

I'm not sure how effective this is in preventing wrinkles, as this is a fairly new routine for me. But I do like the effects so far.

I'm thinking of trying OCM too sometime in the near future, so I'd love to know how your experience is with it as well.
__________________
[url=http://www.meez.com/ryoko11][img]http://images.meez.com/user/7/0/2/6/9/6/6/3/70269663_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img][/url]
Indigo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #13
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty
 
spookyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Girl
I like sweet almond oil on the face too. I also like rosehip oil. I use that as part of my nighttime routine, which is: wash face, apply witch hazel (I like Thayer's rose petal witch hazel which is alcohol free) and then apply rosehip oil. I do find that the oil absorbs more easily into my skin if I combine it with a little bit of water (I do this by wetting my fingertips).

I'm not sure how effective this is in preventing wrinkles, as this is a fairly new routine for me. But I do like the effects so far.

I'm thinking of trying OCM too sometime in the near future, so I'd love to know how your experience is with it as well.

I would love to share my experience with all of this because maybe I will find something that works and maybe it will work for someone else. I was just researching more about witch hazel and rosehip oil. I want to order some witchhazel and I was looking up all the differents kinds and brands. The rose petal does sound nice. I would like my dh to use it too. But we have different skin types. But I believe most products have options for various skin types. He may have sensitive skin. When we started dating when we were 17 years old he had an acne problem which bothered him alot. Maybe because I just love him so much I never really noticed it till he said something. So he was on acutane when he was a teen and now that he is 45 he still has some break outs but not bad at all. But some facial products tend to irratate his skin and dry it out at the same time. The best cleanser he feels for his face is Dove bar soap? It works for him but I kinda feel like he should use something better. It doesnt dry out or irritate his skin so he likes it. But I would think it would clog his pores.

Oh and another thing he is actually interested in is anti-aging! I love it He's asking me all sorts of skin care questions and I feel pretty smart, compared to him, but Im sooo limited in my knowledge. After all, I did start this thread! Haha! I wish everyone could know my dh. He is all man-rough, tough, very protective, ex-military, hunter-gatherer type and hilarious! And he's made the comment that I look so much younger than him and we are the same age. That he feels like people think hes my dad and not husband! He has way more greys too. I got him doing the black rosemary tea hair rinses!

So I am going to keep this thread going and maybe start a blog. I really want to but I havent yet. Its a little scary for me to do that, I know that sounds stupid.
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #14
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty
 
biogirl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Age: 29
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyghost
Thanks so much everyone! Im going to investigate the ocm thread and the oils that seem to working for everyone who posted here.

Biogirl87-I believe what you say because the only biology I received was in High school! But I do want to run what I read on the computer about collagen past you. I never know if what Im reading is true or a load of crap! Haha. I cant remember to well exactly what they were saying about it but it was something to the nature of not being able to put collagin on your skin and have it work and make up companies only put it in their products because most people just see that collagen is in there and so they buy it. But its not doing anything because its just sitting on your face. And there are things to do to stop the loss of collagin or the amount your losing-something like that. I will find it and share it with you because I would love to know what you think! Unfortunately I cant do that till tomarrow because I have to leave for my sons football game in a few minutes! Thanks alot!
Spookyghost, take your time finding that info. I understand when life gets too busy. I'd be happy to comment on the info you find.
__________________
LHC: member since September 2012, 100+ posts.
Hairtype: 2b, medium, iii
Current length: APL+ (inch or so below APL)
Growing till BSL (for now)
biogirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #15
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty
 
spookyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biogirl87
Spookyghost, take your time finding that info. I understand when life gets too busy. I'd be happy to comment on the info you find.

Thank you-you are so nice!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #16
Indigo Girl
Natural Beauty
 
Indigo Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 2008
Location: East Coast
Age: 40
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyghost
So I am going to keep this thread going and maybe start a blog. I really want to but I havent yet. Its a little scary for me to do that, I know that sounds stupid.

That doesn't sound stupid at all. I completely get the "scary" factor. I've been pondering starting a blog here too...it's never been much of my thing either. The blog I have on LHC has only six entries, and I joined in 2005. That averages out to less than one blog entry per year.

If you're uncomfortable sharing personal details, you can always keep it to just "light" topics: i.e., your beauty routine trial and error results. You know?

If you do decide to start one, I'd love to read it!
__________________
[url=http://www.meez.com/ryoko11][img]http://images.meez.com/user/7/0/2/6/9/6/6/3/70269663_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img][/url]
Indigo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #17
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty
 
spookyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 201
Default

Indigo Girl-Thank you so much! I would love to read your blog too

I am pretty private but I do love sharing some tid-bits every now and then-Lol

I think my main concern is time! Between work, working out, dinner, cleaning, laundry, ds's sports, and just plain having time with hubby-Phweew! It can be exhausting because that list I just mentioned is every day! And I love getting on TBB and LHC but there are days when I just cant. You know the saying-there just isnt enough time in the day! Haha

Sad part is I love that list-minus my job part! And I love researching everything about hair and natural skin care products-probably because Im always on the search for what works for me and if it works for me maybe it would for others too!

Well it doesnt really matter how often I blog its all on how much I want to or can but i know me and I will want to do it regularly and then feel guilty when I dont. I know how anal that sounds. Im like that and it sure can be annoying!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #18
girlcat36
Natural Beauty
 
girlcat36's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 2008
Posts: 63
Default

Spookyghost, I also recommend OCM. I was doing it for years before I even knew it had a name! I used apricot kernal oil or almond oil at first, but now I switch it up a lot. I've been using cocoa butter around my eyes for 25 years for wrinkles and no crow's feet yet, and I am 47, and still get carded(even with graying hair!). My biggest advice is to never let soap touch your face.
__________________
[U][COLOR=#666699][URL="http://www.meez.com/girlcat36"][IMG]http://images.meez.com/user/4/3/3/6/7/0/4/4336704_bodyshot_175x233_1203191288389.gif[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/U]
girlcat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #19
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty
 
biogirl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Age: 29
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Girl
That doesn't sound stupid at all. I completely get the "scary" factor. I've been pondering starting a blog here too...it's never been much of my thing either. The blog I have on LHC has only six entries, and I joined in 2005. That averages out to less than one blog entry per year.

If you're uncomfortable sharing personal details, you can always keep it to just "light" topics: i.e., your beauty routine trial and error results. You know?

If you do decide to start one, I'd love to read it!
Indigo Girl, I've been thinking of starting a blog here keeping to it beauty routine trial and error results and may some other topics. I know there's quite a few people on LHC and other long hair forums who keep a hair journal and I think starting a blog here about beauty routine experiments can be a way of doing that as I don't want to get a separate notebook just for my beauty stuff. I'd be interested in reading your blog if and when you start it and if I decide to start a blog here, you'd be welcome to read it if you want.
__________________
LHC: member since September 2012, 100+ posts.
Hairtype: 2b, medium, iii
Current length: APL+ (inch or so below APL)
Growing till BSL (for now)

Last edited by biogirl87 : October 14th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
biogirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #20
Indigo Girl
Natural Beauty
 
Indigo Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 2008
Location: East Coast
Age: 40
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyghost
Indigo Girl-Thank you so much! I would love to read your blog too

I am pretty private but I do love sharing some tid-bits every now and then-Lol

I think my main concern is time! Between work, working out, dinner, cleaning, laundry, ds's sports, and just plain having time with hubby-Phweew! It can be exhausting because that list I just mentioned is every day! And I love getting on TBB and LHC but there are days when I just cant. You know the saying-there just isnt enough time in the day! Haha

Aw wow thank you spookyghost! I know what you mean - I hear this thing called "time" can be very hard to come by.

Seriously though, I can really relate - I have trouble just keeping up with other's blogs, let alone creating my own entries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biogirl87
Indigo Girl, I've been thinking of starting a blog here keeping to it beauty routine trial and error results and may some other topics. I know there's quite a few people on LHC and other long hair forums who keep a hair journal and I think starting a blog here about beauty routine experiments can be a way of doing that as I don't want to get a separate notebook just for my beauty stuff. I'd be interested in reading your blog if and when you start it and if I decide to start a blog here, you'd be welcome to read it if you want.

Thanks so much biogirl87! I think that starting a trial and error results blog would be great, and I'd love to read about your results.

Haha I am just relieved to know I would have at least two people who would read my blog here.
__________________
[url=http://www.meez.com/ryoko11][img]http://images.meez.com/user/7/0/2/6/9/6/6/3/70269663_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img][/url]
Indigo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mature Skin Catladyintown Skin Care 10 February 11th, 2012 09:49 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin.
© 2015 The Beauty Bottle, LLC