Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 8th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1
CaityBear
Natural Beauty

Default Weight Loss/Fitness Thread - TBB style :)

Well, I'm missing this thread on LHC so I'm making it here. I know there were a few different ones so this can just be the general thread.

This month I'm doing Blogilates OMGOctober calender. I did her September calender last month, too. So far I did all my workouts last week and this week I'm going to try to kick butt. Her videos can be pretty intense so I definitely have to take lots of breaks... but I hope I'm getting stronger at least. haha

I'm also at this very moment resisting a very nasty craving for this cookie dough, graham crumb, chocolate, marshmallow smore thing that I saw on Pinterest...so I'm having a dance party while doing chores....and browsing TBB. :P

PS - also just about to do some of my workout for today (there's four videos and I did two earlier today and about to hit up the last two)
CaityBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #2
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

I have picked back up with my old Turbo Jam videos from 2005-06 lately. I'm trying to do a little bit daily (some of the workouts are just 20 minutes long), but some days are harder to hit than others.

Isn't Pinterest EVIL when you're trying to stay away from gooey, calorie-laden sweets?
JamieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #3
CaityBear
Natural Beauty

Oh Pinterest is!! I find all my super delicious, very bad desserts there! lol Or just any food. I have hundreds of recipes pinned.

I LOVE Turbo Jam, too! When I first started to get into working out as a teenager that was one of the set of videos that I liked to do. Sometimes I still like going back to them. Kickboxing and dance...two of my favourite things.
Old October 9th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #4
CaityBear
Natural Beauty

Today I majorly skimped on my workout. I did 3 videos/25 minutes and I was supposed to do 6 videos/60 minutes but I just wasn't feeling it so I cut my workout short. I'm going to try to make up for it later this week by doing an extra video every day (or more) to finish those videos I skipped today.
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #5
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

I haven't felt wonderful lately, and I've skimped too. The weather's been beautiful and cool, though, so I've tried to walk in the neighbourhood as often as I can.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #6
Aredhel77
Alluring Beauty

Hi, can I join in? *waves*

I've lost 2 st this year. I've hit a plateau that has lasted a few months but although I've not lost any extra weight, I've not gained it either, phew!

I've started calorie counting a bit more strictly again recently and I've just bought myself a rebounder/mini trampoline so I can do some cardio exercises indoors. It came yesterday. I'm wondering if I can lose another stone (14lbs) by Christmas. I need to lose 5 or even 6 stone in total - eek! I don't care how long it takes though and I know it's more likely to stay off if I do it slowly.
Aredhel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #7
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I'm not exercising at all. It just isn't in the cards for me, with my health issues. BUT I am losing weight. 42+ pounds since May 19th of this year. I've cut out three trigger foods that give me grief. Bread, Dairy and sugar. Then I'm eating in moderation, portion control and fruit for snacks. I eat at least two bananas a day because I get lower leg/ankle cramps due to bone spurs on my achilles tendons. I eat mainly lean meats and fish, but I eat just about whatever I want within reason. My body just had problems with those trigger foods. Once I kicked them out, the weight started to come off, slowly.
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #8
JamieLeigh
Radiant Beauty

I've officially lost 14 pounds since I started weighing (I was 200 lb; I'm at 186 now). 36 more to go until I get down to 150 (my goal). I am wearing 16's again!

Yesterday, I joined my mom at the gym. I used the stair-stepper and played on the weight-lifting equipment for awhile. I will be too sore to move today, but I will deal.
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Truepenny
Raw Beauty

I don't work out at all. Not one bit. But I've just about got to the weight where I think I need to. That damn bump under my tummy button will feel my wrath! I've got a whole bunch of crunches etc awaiting me though Not looking forward to it!!
Truepenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #10
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLeigh
I've officially lost 14 pounds since I started weighing (I was 200 lb; I'm at 186 now). 36 more to go until I get down to 150 (my goal). I am wearing 16's again!

Yesterday, I joined my mom at the gym. I used the stair-stepper and played on the weight-lifting equipment for awhile. I will be too sore to move today, but I will deal.

Excellent JamieLeigh! ^5 for the weight loss! I goofed off the last couple of weeks and gained back a few pounds, so I buckled down and made the effort to watch what went into my mouth. I've been rewarded by losing six of the eight pounds. Two more to go, then I start deducting again. It's terrible to backslide, I'm going to make the effort to NOT do that again.