Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 5th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #11
owlathena
Sparkling Beauty

Wow, Sylvestrix! Pretty....
owlathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #12
Kelli Kat
Dazzling Beauty

I have blood nails at the moment

Kelli Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #13
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Those are cool!!
FrozenBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #14
owlathena
Sparkling Beauty

I was so inspired by this thread that I just tried gradient nails for the first time!

Its OPIs Cozu-melted in the Sun, the middle bit is Not Like the Movies, and the tips are Bling Dynasty.

I'm excited to do this again next time and get better at it! And I'm excited to try different color combos. It was wayyy easier than I expected

Last edited by owlathena : October 5th, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #15
Kelli Kat
Dazzling Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia
Those are cool!!

Thanks
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #16
owlathena
Sparkling Beauty

Take two, with sparkles! You can't really see the true colors, my phone sucks at pictures, maybe I'll have DBF take a picture with his when he gets home, for some reason his phones camera is a million times better than mine...

Its NYCs Mulberry street fading into OPIs Cozu-melted in the Sun, with OPIs Teenage Dream on the tips. And I was kinda sloppy and haven't cleaned up my smudges yet...

Last edited by owlathena : October 6th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #17
millyaulait
Sparkling Beauty

I am super bad at applying polish, and my nails are recovering from stress-induced biting, but here are some of mine.

millyaulait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #18
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

I love the effect of magnetic nail polish, but either I'm super bad at applying it or my nails are just weird shapes, I can never get the effect to cover the whole nail. Looks quite nice with it just on half the nail though.

Of course, if anyone has any ideas what I might be doing wrong, I'm all ears!
Kaydana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #19
Sylvestrix
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary
Oh those are so fun!!!

I'm SULKING endlessly for the next few months... I usually have nice long nails and I like to make them pretty.

However, rule #3 in my medical microbiology laboratory manual has ruined all that. My nails aren't allowed to be longer than 3mm past the nail bed. So I can't grow them back until mid December when the semester ends! I know I could make them all short-cute, but... I'm sulking too much, lol.

I shall live vicariously through this thread.

Oof, that sucks! Being that I work with saws and metal all day, I break my nails on a regular basis, and I always get in such a huff when I have to have nubbies! It wouldn't bother me if I had nice long nail beds, but I don't >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by mira-chan
I can't stand having nail polish of any kind on my nails so they are plain. I also don't like cutting them and tend to use them as tools. So they get long.

Lovely nails! So shiney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanille_
I still REALLY want to try that gel soak off nail line. I just need to beg DH to invest in it I think it would be perfect for me as I'm too lazy to be doing my nails every other day. I LOVED getting my nails done with gel/acrylic but that is way too expensive right now. I need to keep an eye out for sales for the kit, polishes, and UV light it looks like! Maybe after I get the kit, I'll check on the swap board to see if people are willing to sell the colors they don't use or maybe swap colors with me.

It would definitely suit you, I love having the option not to do my nails for a week, or a fortnight (or even a month if I'm lazy!) without them looking awful. I usually do my colour in a gradient to clear near the cuticles, so that when they've grown out significantly, it's not obvious =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia
My left hand is better at nail painting than the right. Oh well. This is sally hansen magnetic in graphite gravity topped on the tips with once upon a time by Fantasy Makers (aka wet n' wild). And then a clear coat over.

I love this colour combination! We don't get Wet n' Wild here. Glitterlust!
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlathena
Wow, Sylvestrix! Pretty....

Thankyou! =D <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli Kat
I have blood nails at the moment

These are awesome!

Quote:
I was so inspired by this thread that I just tried gradient nails for the first time!

Its OPIs Cozu-melted in the Sun, the middle bit is Not Like the Movies, and the tips are Bling Dynasty.

I'm excited to do this again next time and get better at it! And I'm excited to try different color combos. It was wayyy easier than I expected

Gorgeous! Gradient nails are the bomb, I'm a bit obsessed xD

Quote:
Take two, with sparkles! You can't really see the true colors, my phone sucks at pictures, maybe I'll have DBF take a picture with his when he gets home, for some reason his phones camera is a million times better than mine...

Its NYCs Mulberry street fading into OPIs Cozu-melted in the Sun, with OPIs Teenage Dream on the tips. And I was kinda sloppy and haven't cleaned up my smudges yet...

I love the sparkles on the tips, may have to get hold of that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millyaulait
I am super bad at applying polish, and my nails are recovering from stress-induced biting, but here are some of mine.

Ooh -slobber- I love holo nail polish! Hope your growing goes well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydana
I love the effect of magnetic nail polish, but either I'm super bad at applying it or my nails are just weird shapes, I can never get the effect to cover the whole nail. Looks quite nice with it just on half the nail though.
Of course, if anyone has any ideas what I might be doing wrong, I'm all ears!
I actually like this effect! I have a similar problem- I have bumpy, oddly shaped nail plates and the design doesn't take around the edges, and in an arch where my nail grows out past my nail bed o.o Maybe we both just have weird claws!
Old October 7th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #20
Kelli Kat
Dazzling Beauty

Thanks Sylvestrix