Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Default Who is due for a pedicure?

I am! Figured this would be a good way to pass the time while lhc is misbehaving and its better for my bank account than shopping lol. Am i the only one to feel this odd kind of pressure when picking out a color? My pedicures last 3 weeks and im kind of a commitment-phobe lol do i like it enough to see it for 3 weeks?!?! If this were my only worry wouldnt life be wonderful!

I wasnt thrilled about the irridesant pink i did last time and it needs to go. This time i think i may go with my rediscovered orly stop sign red. Got some more of my pedicure goodies ready today while im deciding. Even made a scrub.

Im thinking full monty this time. Gena gel on my heels, followed by mr.pumice, then a massage with the scrub, cuticles, trim, file, buff out the ridges, base coat, polish, top coat . Hmmmm now im craving it guess i better go take off my old polish...
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:28 AM   #2
Delila
Enticing Beauty

Not me, did ChG City Siren a few days ago, and it's going strong.

I was mostly excited that with my new exercise habits, I'm more flexible through the hips than I used to be, so it was no trouble doing the pedicure. Whee!
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:38 AM   #3
Natalia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delila
Not me, did ChG City Siren a few days ago, and it's going strong.

I was mostly excited that with my new exercise habits, I'm more flexible through the hips than I used to be, so it was no trouble doing the pedicure. Whee!

Oh that is one sexy red, your tempting me! I dont own any ChG yet. And yes cool perk of exercising pedicures were way easier when i was dancing even if i did have to do them more often becaue of it.

Stated prepping took off my polish and im going to do my gena and pumice in the shower tonight
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM   #4
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I'm due next week, when I have my salon day in town for roots and brows. My color stays on for SIX weeks with no chipping. I use Stickey base coat and Out The Door top coat/fast dry. It beats SEche Vite hands down. The drying time is 45 seconds and the bottle of product doesn't go thick and gooey halfway to where you have to buy Seche Vite thinner to be able to use it.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:09 AM   #5
Delila
Enticing Beauty

You know, I've never used a base or top coat with my pedicures, but they still last quite well. My pinky toes take the worst abuse, I guess they rub in my shoes, so eventually there's too much stress there and the polish comes off.

I like City Siren quite a lot, it's been my favorite pedicure color for a while, mostly because pedicures last a while, and I keep on loving the color.

I don't get whimsical with my choice for pedicures, I stick with the tried and true.

Used to love Sinful Green Bean years ago, and then, I think it was Chanel's Vamp, but that was back in the days when I bit my fingernails, so my polish collection was pretty small.

(I do still weep at the bottles of Orly satin matte polishes that broke. So pretty! One was the exact color of my dad's couch (kind of an orangey red? hard to describe, but so pretty on my toes.) They've changed their bottle shape since then so maybe there's hope the Orly I have now will last a while.)
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:31 AM   #6
justgreen

My toes are generally around five colors. The white french, black with something over it, usually holographic sparkly, RED!, Dark Teal both matte and sparkle, and a gel coat that is pink glitter added to the gel then dried under a UV lamp. I love the gel toes, but if I leave that stuff on too long it makes my big toe nails get too thick. Regular nail polish breathes much better.
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM   #7
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Oooh, I am booking pedicures for myself and my MIL for next week... Oh what colour do I want??

Eta- ended up booking manicures and chi footbaths instead so we could get them done at the same time. Waiting is no fun!

Last edited by FrozenBritannia : October 1st, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
FrozenBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:34 PM   #8
Ocelan
Sparkling Beauty

I've neglecled my feet since... oh... January and have been contemplating doing a manicure for a while now, so maybe I should finally do that now that you girls put the idea in my head. If tomorrow is rainy, that's what I'll do. I wonder if any of my nailpolishes are not hardened in their bottles...
Ocelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM   #9
Delila
Enticing Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelan
... I wonder if any of my nailpolishes are not hardened in their bottles...

But even if they are, don't forget that Seche Restore is your friend.

Read about it here, on Scrangie's blog.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:40 PM   #10
justgreen

Noooooooooo don't go to Scrangie's blog!!!! We'll never see you again!!!!!!!!!