Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hand, Foot & Nail Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 30th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Default Nail Polish Hoarder

Yesterday, I went down the aisle at Walmart intent on getting a big bottle of nail polish remover. WOW. For ONCE the shelves were completely stocked and I finally left the aisle (after 15 minutes) with six polishes, three long emery boards (two black, one giraffe spotted), two boxes full of different nail design stickers, and a gorgeous little long bag to carry my boards and polishes with me to the salon. My bill was $63! BUT I also bought an expensive singing birthday card for my grandson Sam, whose BD is Halloween, a large box of Always pads, a big Snoopy sitting on a pumpkin rubber thingy to put in my front window and a VERY thick dish draining pad for my kitchen counter. Mine is green, of course.

The Polishes:

Sally Hansen Bride to be

Sally Hansen Save the date

Sally Hansen Wedding Crasher (which goes with Save the date)

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Shell We dance

Pure Ice Cheatin

Pure Ice Outrageous
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #2
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Oooh pretty! I love nail polish too. I almost use them all up though before I get tired of a colour. Speaking of which, I should do my nails today.
I have:
Essie- no more film

Sally hansen- mellow yellow

Sally hansen- ivy league

Loreal- caught red handed

Opi- tangerine scene

Nicole by opi- play fair

Sally hansen HD- lite

And then a clear hardener. I went through a bunch and tossed the chunky ones last month.

Pretty sure I have Steel-her-heart somewhere around too.

I could do with a new grey, and maybe a forest green?
FrozenBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Delila
Enticing Beauty

My people!!

I adore nail polish. Probably a bit too much, likely in over-reaction after having bitten my nails for most of my life.

At some point my nails grew in a bit thicker, too hard to bite, in other words, and hey, look! I have nails!

It's my new hobby, since I'd rather not wind up buried alive under my piles of junk in my old age. Nail polish is small and easy to store. Plus, with a good polish thinner, it lasts forever, so it's frugal. (Well, not if you own a zillion bottles, but the theory is a good one, right?)
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Did someone say polish hoarder? I do believe that someone did. I guess that I would qualify.

Justy, your haul sounds great. I haven't been able to buy polish for almost a month (long story short, some jerkoff got access to my husband's checking account and stole a bunch of money from us. We know who it is and attorneys have been brought to bear and lawsuits are being filed. But it left us really short and no shopping for me, for now. ) I am needing to haul. Needing it, I say. Soon...
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #5
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~

Welcome to my mania Delila! Pull up a table (with lamps included) and pick your poison! I'm sure between Shermie Girl and myself you'll find a color you want!

Shermie, how dreadful! Both the damned thief and not being able to buy! If we lived closer you know I'd be sharing with you!
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delila
My people!!

I adore nail polish. Probably a bit too much, likely in over-reaction after having bitten my nails for most of my life.

At some point my nails grew in a bit thicker, too hard to bite, in other words, and hey, look! I have nails!

It's my new hobby, since I'd rather not wind up buried alive under my piles of junk in my old age. Nail polish is small and easy to store. Plus, with a good polish thinner, it lasts forever, so it's frugal. (Well, not if you own a zillion bottles, but the theory is a good one, right?)

The theory works for me and my zillion (and increasing) bottle stash. Yepper, thinner will revive thickened, old and gloopy polish. And don't toss if it separates (in spite of what magazine editors will tell you) just shake it back together.
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreen
Welcome to my mania Delila! Pull up a table (with lamps included) and pick your poison! I'm sure between Shermie Girl and myself you'll find a color you want!

Shermie, how dreadful! Both the damned thief and not being able to buy! If we lived closer you know I'd be sharing with you!

Aww. Thanks, sweetie. Thankfully, I have enough untrides to keep me going for a while and I just recently received a lovely collection of glitters to review so I have enough new to keep me amused until I have some spending money, again.

I am just thankful that we had enough money, being very careful and with hubbs winning a few clams on a couple of lottery tickets to pay the bills and squeak by through this mess. Some people should be taken out and shot. Seriously.

Last edited by Shermie Girl : September 30th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Shermie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #8
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia
Oooh pretty! I love nail polish too. I almost use them all up though before I get tired of a colour. Speaking of which, I should do my nails today.
I have:
Essie- no more film

Sally hansen- mellow yellow

Sally hansen- ivy league

Loreal- caught red handed

Opi- tangerine scene

Nicole by opi- play fair

Sally hansen HD- lite

And then a clear hardener. I went through a bunch and tossed the chunky ones last month.

Pretty sure I have Steel-her-heart somewhere around too.

I could do with a new grey, and maybe a forest green?

Thank you for linking to my swatch for OPI Tangerine Scene. I almost plotzed when I clicked your link.
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Delila
Enticing Beauty

Shermie Girl, I just don't understand why such crimes aren't getting more attention. Apparently some kinds of bank fraud are basically going practically unpunished, which strikes me as counter productive.

I kind of shudder to wonder how much worse it has to get before things change.

Polish-wise, I'm now lemming Mavala Flashy Violet, since I saw photos of it. So pretty! An LHC-er had it in her avatar, and just told me about it.

I'm now apparently having a senior moment and can't recall their username, and the server's so cranky I can't pull up the message. Well, thanks, whoever you are, I'll try to reply to your PM later.

Also waiting for OPI's Skyfall collection. I seriously don't need a gold fleck polish, but I want one in the worst way.

I quit biting my nails four or five years ago, and really haven't looked back. So odd that my nails would change so, all of a sudden. I do kind of suspect that the habits of using gentler haircare products, and using them less frequently (i.e., dilute shampoo, washing only ever few days) really made a difference for me, but I don't know for sure. Even my toenails got stronger, so I can't decide if there's anything to my theory.
Delila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #10
FrozenBritannia
Elegant Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermie Girl
Thank you for linking to my swatch for OPI Tangerine Scene. I almost plotzed when I clicked your link.
Ooh, is that you? if I had known I would have made it in capital letters with your name!
FrozenBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote