Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:20 AM   #11
WaitingSoLong
Captivating Beauty

ratgirl your witch hazel must have super powers! I have tried it for acne before and I may as well have used water.
WaitingSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM   #12
sarelis
Untouched Beauty

I like witch hazel too, I don't mind the smell of it & don't find it too drying,
*****Top Tip*****
If you use a direct deposit hair dye like Directions, Manic Panic etc, and get some scalp staining some witch hazel on a cotton bud (Q tip? I think that's what they call them in the US) takes it right off I always manage to get some on my scalp by my part and a clean up job with this method is quick & easy. Also works on hairline/face staining, but hand sanitiser is better for hands/large areas. For the rest of your environment I recommend bleach or Cillit Bang, or just wash it off outside like me
sarelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #13
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty

I like it too (never noticed the smell of it). It's not drying on me at all but rather moisturizing, to the point that I use it as toner on the days when I wash my face with gel soap instead of solid soap.
Growing till BSL (for now)
biogirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #14
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Orange blossom flower water sounds interesting and the witch hazel I would have to investigate more. The only time I used it was after giving birth on hemorroids! And thats exactly what Im going to think of when I smell it-Im sure!

I swear by Meaningful beauty and I have sworn that I would never buy anything else but it is very expensive so I may investigate on more natural concoctions that I can make myself or anything that is way less expensive. But I would really want to feel like its going to work too. The meaningful beauty is just so awesome that Im spoiled with it-with how great it works, not the price!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #15
biogirl87
Radiant Beauty

Saraelis, that's interesting how witch hazel takes off direct deposit dyes that have gotten onto skin accidently. It'll be something to keep in mind for later if I ever decide to color my grays.
Growing till BSL (for now)
biogirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #16
piratejenny
Untouched Beauty

I'm currently tinkering with my skin care routine and am intrigued. Does anybody know where this would be available in Europe? (I'm in the Netherlands)
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #17
ratgirldjh
Raw Beauty

It is available at the drug stores here (pharmacies). I would check there first.
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #18
piratejenny
Untouched Beauty

In case anyone is interested, I found a selection of Thayers witch hazel products on iherb.com. They ship worldwide and a lot cheaper than any other site I found. I paid 6 US for an order of 2 bottles.