Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Skin Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 16th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Kim
Untouched Beauty

Default Oil Method Not Helping Dry Skin

I started the oil cleansing method last week and tried it for a few evenings before stopping because it wasn't helping my dry skin. After using the mixture of castor oil and EVOO, which I'm up to a 1:3 ratio in right now, I apply some more EVOO to moisturize. However, by about 10 minutes later, I can feel my skin tight and dry again around the eyebrows, and a little on my nose and cheeks. I stopped for a few days, continuing to use the EVOO as a moisturizer after using a mild, natural soap to cleanse. I also tried a natural mask of egg and honey, but that didn't seem to help. I tried the oil cleansing method again last night, but I don't know what else to do. I do not want to return to harsh conventional cleansers and moisturizers. Do I need to continue with the OCM and wait for my skin to get acclimated, or do I need to try something else? Thanks!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #2
mira-chan
Alluring Beauty

I don't really do oil cleansing but I have dry skin. I don't wear make up normally so I don't know how helpful this advise will be. I just rinse my face with water or a sulfate free mild cleanser and put on oil/ moisturizer of choice.

I'm not sure about the EVOO/ castor mix, I remember others complaining about the mix on the other forum. I believe most liked to have Grape Seed oil in the mix as it was light and didn't give that tight feeling.

Hope that helps.
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #3
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I've taken the castor oil completely out of the mix, I find it extremely drying. You might try using a lighter oil. I personally use jojoba oil.
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #4
His Own
Untouched Beauty

I find that castor oil alone cleans my very dry, sensitive skin wonderfully. I just use added oil or moisturizer afterwards when I wash this way.
His Own is offline   Reply With Quote