Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > Swaps & Group Orders > Group Orders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 25th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

Default Denman brush GO (from Australia)

This is the thread for coordinating a Denman GO to Aus/NZ. Members from any region are welcome to join, although obviously it is unlikely to be of any benefit to people outside the Aus/NZ region.

To save you looking for the link, this is the Denman website. They sell mainly brushes and combs, including BBBs.

TIME FRAME
Sign-up / orders due: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Monday 05 October
Payments (for items and int'l postage) due: . . Friday 09 October
Order will be placed as soon as all payments are in.

If I can be sure of domestic postage costs by the time these payments are due, we can do a single payment for everything. If not, the domestic postage component will have to be paid separately, once it's confirmed.

SHIPPING
Shipping from Denman (UK) to me (QLD) will be costed on an average-per-item basis.

When I receive the group's parcel, I will re-package and forward on everyone's individual orders. When you submit your order, please also provide your mailing address, and I should be able to find out what onward postage will be, so that we can include this in the order payment.

The cost of onward shipping will be whatever it costs to send it from me (QLD) to you. Naturally, if you have any specific postage requests, then just let me know. Otherwise, I will cover any packaging costs, and all items will be well wrapped.

PAYMENT
I will advise the "final" exchange rate to be used once payments are due, but as guidance, check xe.com for current GBP to AUD exchange rates.

Payment options are direct debit, and Paypal. For direct debit, I will PM or email you my bank account details once orders are in. If you prefer to pay by Paypal, it should be from a Paypal account linked to a bank/savings account in order to be fee-free.

If you pay from a Paypal account that is funded by a card - either debit or credit - then the fees will be:

-> 3.4% plus $0.30 AUD for domestic transactions
-> 4.4% plus $0.30 AUD for international transactions

If you are unsure on your calculations, please contact me and we can compare notes.

DISCLAIMER
Yes, this is the standard, "All care and no responsibility" clause. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Members participate in this group order at their own risk. By this, sure I mean you risk that I might take this huge sum of money and run away to the Maldives , but I also mean that, well, stuff happens. Things do sometimes get lost or damaged in the post, and as organiser, although I will take every possible care, I am not making any personal guarantee that your item will reach you intact.

If you are sufficiently suspicious of Australia Post's capabilities and prefer to take out insurance over your package, or make any sort of alternative arrangements, then PM me and I will be more than happy to accommodate. I'm just pointing out that if the postie uses the package as a football, or the neighbourhood dog/brat grabs the parcel from the mailbox and chomps on it and - despite the excellent packaging - your item is damaged, then you should not expect me to provide a replacement item.

It shouldn't have to be said, but from what I've seen happen before (not to me, thankfully!), apparently it does.

/doomandgloom

Last edited by Rae~ : September 27th, 2009 at 06:00 AM. Reason: added info
Rae~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

Orders so far:

Rae~
D41 Freeflow Volumising brush - GBP 7.35
D14 Handbag sized Classic styling brush - GBP 4.65
D81M Medium-sized grooming brush - GBP 9.10
order cost : GBP 21.10 + int'l shipping : GBP 6.87
= GBP total 27.97 (AUD equivalent = $51.35)

Liluri
D3 Coconut-scented wooden handled brush - GBP 8.35
D3 Classic styling brush (Panther) - GBP 8.35
order cost : GBP 16.70 + int'l shipping : GBP 4.58
= GBP total 21.28 (AUD equivalent = 39.05)
onward postage: AUD TBA

AprilElf~
D81M Medium-sized grooming brush - GBP 9.10
D3 Classic styling brush (plain) - GBP 6.40
two D90 Tangle Tamers - GBP 5.85 ea, ttl GBP 11.70
order cost : GBP 27.20 + int'l shipping : GBP 9.16
= GBP total 36.36 (AUD equivalent = 66.70)
onward postage: AUD TBA

Last edited by Rae~ : October 23rd, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old September 27th, 2009, 01:58 AM   #3
AprilElf~
Natural Beauty

Okay - you sucked me in!

I haven't owned a good quality brush in a long, long time, and I want to see what a Denman can do for my hair.

Can you please order for me:
D81M Medium-sized Grooming Brush
D3 Classic styling brush (plain)
Old September 27th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #4
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

No problem, AprilElf - will add you to the order.

And I've just realised that I put "denmanbrushes" instead of "denmanbrush" in the original link... apologies to anyone who clicked/followed it...!! Fixed now.
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #5
AprilElf~
Natural Beauty

Hi Rae~
Can I please add two D90 Tangle Tamers to my order?
They'll be good presents for my young neices.

Thanks!
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #6
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

Added, AprilElf~.
Old October 6th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

Liluri, thanks for your PM (which I only just read) - I will reply later today.

Sorry for the slight delay, folks. Completely lost track of days!! I plan on submitting the order today and will PM you payment details etc once it is in.

Sincere apologies!!

Last edited by Rae~ : October 6th, 2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #8
Rae~
Alluring Beauty

Sorry folks, things are hectic and not letting up at the moment so I would like to push this a few days.... will try to get back to it on Saturday afternoon. Hope that is ok.
Old October 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #9
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

That's totally cool with me
[I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Purple]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Blue]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3] "If you are taking me somewhere where I don't need a boa, then I don't wanna go. - Gabrielle Solis"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Lady Alkonost of the Heavenly Plumage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Liluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #10
AprilElf~
Natural Beauty

No problem.