Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:42 PM   #11
krissykins
Raw Beauty

My motivation to work out has to be my desire to wear normal sized clothes again. I feel a tad bit of shame walking into the plus sized stores
krissykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #12
themyst
Untouched Beauty

Thread reviver here.

I used to have a great body. But after two kids, a comfy housewifey life, and low thyroid issue, I've gained a lot of weight. Forty pounds just this year! It depressed me so because it's just NOT ME! I'm not a fat person - yet ... there I am in the mirror. So I went to a doctor recently and got blood work done. He put me on thyroid meds and appetite suppressants, and I diet and work out every day under the advice of a personal trainer. So I guess depression is my motivation - I know I have the ability to go back to what I once was (albeit more mature!) so I'm doing it to rise out of this funk because I just can't take it anymore.
themyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #13
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I don't work out because I like doing it. I am doing for my health and my looks. I've found 2 things that I kind of like doing, and those are aqua aerobics and yoga. I've hated exercise all my life until I discovered those 2 things. I've found it really helps to go buy the cute clothes for whatever kind of exercise I choose. I'm all about cute outfits.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #14
katha
Untouched Beauty

I have no motivation to work out whatsover. -.-
katha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #15
ladyshayyy
Raw Beauty

I get motivation about...once a week. :P Well, I posted in another thread, I just got an elliptical and I love doing Just Dance and Wii Fit and yoga, but I hate doing it by myself.
So alot of times it ends up me not doing it because my mom doesn't want to. :x Which is bad.
ladyshayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #16
themyst
Untouched Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn
I'm all about cute outfits.

I like that!

ETA - I don't like working out either. It's really hard to get started. But when you do and you can keep it up and get better and better at it, you really start to understand what a 'natural high' is. It feels really great.
themyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #17
krissykins
Raw Beauty

Carolyn, I like your style!
krissykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #18
mrs_coffee
Untouched Beauty

Vanity
mrs_coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #19
shutterpillar
Natural Beauty

I feel better when I exercise. Physically and mentally. I went through a bit of depression a couple of years ago, and one of the ways I cured it was through exercise and taking care of myself (of course that was coupled with medication prescribed to me by my doctor). I am no longer on the medication and am healthier and happier than I have been in at least 15 years.
I was also gaining a bit of weight during my depression. I went up to 145 lbs (I am 5'4") and I could see myself getting unhealthy and I wanted to do something about it before it got completely out of control. I am now 127-130 lbs (depending on the week - that is just an estimate, as I don't regularly weigh myself any longer) and I feel so much better about myself.

In short - for me, I do it because it makes me happy.
shutterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #20
battles
Untouched Beauty

Pretty much this.
battles is offline   Reply With Quote