Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old February 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #1
cruztacean
Natural Beauty

Default "One of those hair people"

My daughter, age 24, is with a boyfriend that I positively cannot stand. To go into much detail would be off topic, but here's the part that fits.

Daughter, inspired by me (), wants to grow her hair long. Boyfriend from hell tells her, "Yeah, you can grow your hair. Just don't become one of those hair people."

I have two problems with that:
  1. Oh, so she has his permission to grow her hair long? How generous of him. Twit.
  2. By "one of those hair people," he means someone like us. LHC. Direct insult.
Who would like to pick up a rotten tomato and join me in pelting this guy?
Old February 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #2
Islandgrrl
Enticing Beauty

Oh yeah. But does he even merit rotten produce? I can think of much more evil things to sling.....

[SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue]Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' [B]don't[/B] say it's `fascinating'..." -- Dr. McCoy[/COLOR] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=olive]"No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock (The Ultimate Computer)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old February 14th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #3
talullah
Sparkling Beauty

Yeah, don't waste the fruit. Scoop something out of the litter box instead.
Old February 14th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #4
Nightingale
Raw Beauty

Ugh I've got three cats ready for action!
Old February 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM   #5
Euphony
Enticing Beauty

<shudder>ewww he actually gave her permission! That gets me the most. Hubby doesn't want me to cut my hair, also doesn't want me to have bangs. I've been contimplating bangs, he keeps telling me I'll hate it etc - but his whole idea is, it's my hair - I have to live with it and if I want bangs it's ultimately my desicion, he merely prefers no bangs. hahaha if he had the gall to ~give me permission~ there's be a whole lot more to talk about then my bangs!

BTW I have three cats that I could be persuaded to add to the ammunition.
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #6
FreakyGreenEyes
Raw Beauty

The kitty box is clean right now....how about some kitty barf .
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Lamb
Radiant Beauty

What intelligence! What wide range, taste, wit, feeling and delicacy of expression! What sensibility of soul and what charming manners!

Irony laid aside: yeah, cat barf is in order.
Old February 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #8
Shermie Girl
Elegant Beauty

Big of him... giving her his permission.

If you need more clumps, I think there are a few in Marley's litter box. I scooped it very early this morning, so he should have something to contribute, by now.
Old February 14th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #9
Liluri
Luxe Beauty

I'm not sure I can express in, nice internet - non abusive language how I feel about this, needless to say I don't think it's acceptable. I'm with you on the pelting him with something idea

I'd be mentioning the "not here to decorate your world" statement.
[I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Purple]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]
[COLOR=Blue]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3] "If you are taking me somewhere where I don't need a boa, then I don't wanna go. - Gabrielle Solis"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Lady Alkonost of the Heavenly Plumage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #10
ilovemycop
Captivating Beauty

boooo!!!! I hope he's not controlling over other aspects of her life

you should "accidently"let him see LHC...freak him out and all

[CENTER]:star:Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights :star:[/CENTER]

[/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=magenta]:frog:The LHC'er known as Patrycja :frog:[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Closed Thread