Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Make-up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 31st, 2012, 02:41 AM   #11
Libbylou
Natural Beauty

spookyghost, I can relate to not being able to see to put on eye makeup. I have become so farsighted that I had to get a magnifying mirror to put on my mascara.
Libbylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM   #12
Kat12
Untouched Beauty

I wear glasses, and I wear makeup all the time.

The two biggest problems are:

1. I'm blind as a bat, so to put on eye makeup (my greatest love) my nose is literally almost on the mirror. Bit of a pain.

2. Sometimes it's harder to see makeup behind glasses, since sometimes my glasses either cast a shadow, or light reflecting off them makes it difficult to see all of my eye area. Of course, long fantastic false eyelashes are out (unless I don't mind them whacking against my glasses). But since I ABHOR the way I look without glasses, I won't be switching up for contacts any time soon, so I just have to live with it.

More subtle makeup effects will, unfortunately, be lost behind glasses. Glasses-wearers probably aren't the ones who should be experimenting with subtle color shifts or whatever. But otherwise, why not? (If your glasses tend to magnify your eyes, though, that's another issue to work around.)

I don't see how wearing glasses might keep me from messing around with blush or lipstick or nail polish, though... I don't really do nail polish because it's annoying to me; I like the way it looks but it takes forever to apply (I've actually switched to just using permanent marker sandwiched between layers of clear polish, TBH with you; much faster) and dry. And I just can't stand to sit still and do nothing with my hands for half an hour while the polish dries, so usually it's chipping off the tips of my nails, and sometimes scuffed up, by the end of the same day I apply it. So I only do it on rare occasions, and that's why I don't bother to use methods that take a long time to apply-- it just doesn't stay long enough to make it worth it to take all that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelistarr
my eyes tend to look chinky

Are you aware that this is offensive?
Kat12 is offline   Reply With Quote