Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Movin' It
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 27th, 2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Grin Sketchers Shape Ups

These are an amazing product. Someone at work got them back in September, loved them, and converted another co-worker. Co-worker claimed she could actually see muscle tone in the calf of the pioneer.
Now, I'm not going for muscle tone specifically, but, with a bum knee, I am interested in the comfort aspects of shoes.

I'm on my feet all day at work, part of the time in the back warehouse, which is a cement slab. While back there, I'm schlepping 25# and 30# boxes. I've been wearing decent walking shoes with a Spenco insert, which completely eliminated the plantar fascilitis that had been plaguing me.

Last week I hit a DSW, and these shoes were the focus area feature. I tried a pair on, and wandered about the huge store while the nice salesperson called other stores to see if they had the white ones (conservative workplace).

My wonderful sister sent me a generous birthday check, so I decided to indulge myself. That night, I found them online for even less, and ordered the white ones for work. I know there are other versions out there -- Avia was one I saw. At any rate, I recommend these highly to anyone who is on their feet a lot. They are simply amazing.
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Teacherbear
Admin - can't think of a good user title

I am sooooo glad you started this thread, Raederle! I've been thinking about getting a pair of these shoes for exercise purposes. I tried on a pair of the original roller-sole shoes MBT's

They felt unusual when I first put them on, but in a good way. I could immediately tell I was walking differently, in a good way. The problem was, my back and hips hurt for a few days after trying them on and walking a bit in the store. I guess if I got some shoes like those I'd need to wear them in little bits of time until I could work my way up.

How long have you had yours? Are yours all white?
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Carolyn
Aphrodite
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

I have a pair of the Reebok Easy Tone shoes. I got them in December so I haven't worn them a lot yet. It's snowy and slushy here so I don't want to wreck them. I was told not to wear them 2 days in a row or my legs would be really sore. I wore them several times over the holidays when I was down south and the weather was nice. I did have a bit of muscle soreness so I guess my legs were getting a workout. I see they have Easy Tone flip flops too.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Yeah, they do tell you to take it easy, don't they. I sort of paid attention, and wore in the house about a half hour. But it felt so good on my one postoperative knee, I just got bold and wore them about 4 hours the next day at work. It's been 8+ hour days since.

I admit, though, I did find a little soreness in my left knee, at the back, not the real knee joint. It could be that my stance and gait were correcting, because I noticed that I had previously been walking with a slight limp. Two coworkers noted that they had a transition period with the type of soreness you described, TBear.

Whatever the cause, the pain is gone now, nearly 2 weeks later. The test now will be to see how long they last, including the interior. So many shoes just shred out after a few months of alternating wear. You'd think my feet were lined with burrs or something.

I got this pair, which is primarily white, TBear, because that's what I need for work.

I do like that they have different styles, casual shoes and such, and even boots. You can just imagine how much use I'd get from boots. Your Reboks look very similar, Carolyn. I hope you get some weather that allows you to give them a go outside.
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #5
Teacherbear

Those look nice, Raederle. Thanks for posting a picture.
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #6
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

My real problem now is that my jeans legs aren't long enough to wear with them. Ah well, an excuse to get some new ones, I guess.
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #7
Teacherbear

Drats! I'm so sorry you'll have to go shopping! :evil laughter: Which mall are you going to? Maybe we can meet!
Old February 7th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #8
Carolyn
Aphrodite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raederle
My real problem now is that my jeans legs aren't long enough to wear with them. Ah well, an excuse to get some new ones, I guess.
Well of course you need to go shopping! But what about capri's? I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear them again.

[COLOR=Purple]Make up Products: [COLOR=Magenta]MAC, Benefit, Too Faced, and Bare Escentuals

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Magenta][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][I]Proud Product Ho :kiss: [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #9
Raederle
Luxe Beauty

Oooh, yeah, capris. That way they'll work with my regular shoes, too. Great tip. And the Shape Ups make my legs look longer, so I think it would even be, dare I say, flattering???
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #10
themyst
Untouched Beauty

Does anyone know what the sole height is on these sneakers? I looked them up and if I'm correct, they strengthen the calf muscles because they kinda work like really comfy high heels, right?
themyst is offline   Reply With Quote