Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 13th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #11
unaspenser
Natural Beauty

I've found SMT works better if I don't heat the mixture. I also shampoo ahead of time to make sure my hair is nice and clean and can absorb the moisture. I can't imagine why you'd get gumminess or flakes. Are you rinsing well? I usually do a warm rinse, ACV rinse, then cold water. Maybe that'll help.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #12
naj
Dazzling Beauty

Some conditioners are not good for SMting. As far as my personal experience, Sauve Naturals Citrus Smoothie condish gives worst results as SMT. VO5 Pear Mango Passion has been the best.
Maybe you should try with a different conditioner.
Naj
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #13
curlsgirl
Radiant Beauty

Interesting about the Lily of the Desert Justgreen. I use FOTE as well and never had any problem. Might be it!
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #14
irishfreckles
Untouched Beauty

Thanks for the great ideas everyone. I'll snag my mom's aloe vera gel (she uses FOTE) next time and try a different conditioner. Oh yeah and throw in an ACV rinse as well.
irishfreckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #15
wtchmel
Untouched Beauty

Ok, for a few months now, i've seen this term SMT, what the heck is it, what does it mean?
wtchmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #16
Snowymoon
Natural Beauty

Make sure the FOTE is the clear kind, not the green stuff.

Also, they reformulated SKR, and it now contains biotin, panthenol and ascorbic acid. It is missing the corn oil. The new formula may not work. I have not tried it yet.

[I][COLOR=Navy][B]:chicken:[/B][/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=Navy][B]Behold the extremely cute chicken! She wants to take over the world! [/B][/COLOR][/I]
[/CENTER]
Snowymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #17
Snowymoon
Natural Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtchmel
Ok, for a few months now, i've seen this term SMT, what the heck is it, what does it mean?

Snowy's Moisture Treatment

1 part your fave moisture conditioner (I use VO5 Sunkissed Raspberry, old formula, and keep it protein-free)
1/4 part honey (I use honey bought at an Aldi grocery store)
1/4 part aloe gel (I use Fruit of the Earth clear aloe gel)

Mix in a cup and warm about 5 to 10 seconds in the microwave. Wet hair and cleanse with method of choice if not using SMT as a CO (a lot of folks use SMT as a CO wash). Towel of the hair to remove excess water. Apply the SMT from roots to tips and rake or comb it through well. Bun hair on top of the head and cover with a plastic cap, a plastic bag or plastic wrap. Place a warm towel over that or use a heat cap for about an hour. Rinse well!

Some folks have added oils (my hair does not like this) or glycerin. You can tweak it to suit you.

[I][COLOR=Navy][B]:chicken:[/B][/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=Navy][B]Behold the extremely cute chicken! She wants to take over the world! [/B][/COLOR][/I]
[/CENTER]
Snowymoon is offline   Reply With Quote