Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Hair Care & Styling
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 11th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Carina
Raw Beauty

Embarassed Summer hair issue

I do a SMT once a week and my hair loves it.But now I have some residue and I don't want to use a harsh schampo on my already dry scalp.My ends needs some tlc also they are dryyyyy. .
Carina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #2
eiyela
Captivating Beauty

How about doing a deep oiling once in a while before the SMT? I always find that it sort of dissolves all the gunk on my hair and scalp and leaves it clean when I wash.
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #3
TwirlyTresses
Raw Beauty

What conditioner are you using for the SMT? Possibly there are certain ingredients that are leading to build-up, and switching conditioners could help. You could also try doing a vinegar rinse after the SMT, which should help to remove any residue.

And I definitely second oiling! I do deep oilings where I massage the oil into my scalp and saturate the length before washing, and I also use just a couple drops as a leave-in after washing. It's really helped my hair become less dry.
TwirlyTresses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #4
Snowymoon
Natural Beauty

You could also try a mermaid soak. Just fill your bathtub up with warm water, but don't add anything to it. Get in and soak the hair for about 10 to 20 minutes. Then condition, etc., as usual. That may help to dissolve the residue.

[I][COLOR=Navy][B]:chicken:[/B][/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=Navy][B]Behold the extremely cute chicken! She wants to take over the world! [/B][/COLOR][/I]
[/CENTER]
Snowymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #5
wavebaby
Dazzling Beauty

I'll second Snowy's mermaid soak suggestion. also a second for the leave-in conditioner.
wavebaby is offline   Reply With Quote