Go Back   The Beauty Bottle > The Beauty Bottle Beauty Discussion Board > Lifestyle Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 4th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #1
justgreen
~Aphrodite in her nighty~
The Beauty Bottle Administrator

Default Post your weight loss along with me!

I changed my eating last May 2012 after a near death stint in the hospital from fluid build up in my whole body. Over the last two years I gained over 65 pounds on an already chubby 5'3" body with medium bone structure. I did lose 12 pounds the first week while in the hospital due to a Lasxi IV and continued to lose a bit more fluid over the next three weeks. During this time the doctors started to steadily increase my thyroid meds (and started me on a horrid hair shed) and I began to lose weight. Part of it was the thyroids meds but I also changed my food intake.

I decided that I had three 'trigger' (danger) food groups in my diet. Sugar (cakes, cookies, candy , soda pop), Bread and Dairy (mostly cheese on this one , as I am not a milk lover). Removing these groups helped me keep going with the weight loss.

I weighed today after not weighing for over two weeks. I've been in a kind of slump and just didn't want to weigh and be disappointed. So this morning, as I was cooking bacon in the microwave, I thought "I feel thinner this morning". So I went and weighed, TWICE, because it shocked me! I've lost NINE pounds in two weeks and believe me I do not starve myself!

Altogether since May 18, 2012 I've lost a grand total of 50 pounds. I want to say I did go through a couple of periods where I gained a pound or two back and had to re-lose them, but I think some of that might have been a bowel problem issue.

I haven't been taking my Lasix like a good girl, which I really should, so I might actually have a bit more 'weight' to shed today if I'd go do that. I should take it twice a week and I haven't had any Lasix in about three weeks.

There was no one defining factor why I gained all that fluid, slowly, over the last couple of years, before it invaded my whole body. The doctor's concensus was several things. 1. My thyroid was way outta whack 2. Long term (over five years) mental-pause 3. Fibromyalgia

For years I've been on a dose of .25 Levothyroxine. Since May, I've had steady increases from that to .50, .75, skipping .88 going right to 1.00 and now I'm at 1.25. I'm still shedding hair. GAH But I'll take the weight lose, we all know I can grow hair.

I take several medications which inhibit weight loss, so I believe if I was not taking those drugs I would have shed weight MUCH too quickly.
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Sarahlabyrinth
Alluring Beauty

Well done you! That's fabulous! It's great getting nice surprises like that!

2b/F/iii 25 inches. LHC since June 2012, 700+ posts
Sarahlabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #3
spookyghost
Radiant Beauty

Great job Justy. You should be proud. Im in a slump-big slump. And Im depressed about it. My trigger foods are the same as yours. Sugar is my meth. I love carbs too unfortunately but sugar more so. Lets just say my favorite food on this planet is sweet icing birthday cake! Now that says it all. I can just scoop that icing off the cake with a spoon and not get sick at all.

My problem now is my seasonal depression. Every dang year around August my appetite increases ten fold. Its like Im fattening up for the winter! Today was the first day that I have had it under control-thank goodness. I have had no sugar-none. Im trying to do a yeast cleanse because I have heard that all the candida in your body can reak havoc and cause sugar cravings. But I think I bought the wrong thing because on the box it says "vaginal yeast cleanse". It does say and more but still. Oh well I guess my vagina will be in good shape! LOL

So Im taking this one day at a time but weight is a big issue with me. I feel horrible, embarrased, and like I dont deserve anything when I gain weight. I know thats not right but I cant help it. Im embarrased to even be seen in Wal-mart when I feel overweight. But today was a good day and I havent had one in a long time so Im feeling really good right now. One day at a time is all I can do.

Was your condition called cystitis? Im so glad you are doing better. That had to have been scary. Im sorry about the hair shed-I can relate.

So currently I have gained 15lbs since the beginning of August. Damn that sounds really bad. I have no weight loss to post but I will with sheer joy when I loose-even if its a half of a pound!
spookyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #4
justgreen

spookyghost you are so much more important than you think! Hold your head up. At least you know that eating all that sugar is a problem. Some folks don't. I'm the same as you, I could eat that icing out of a bowl all day long. *sigh* Don't be ashamed to walk into Walmart, there is nothing wrong with you! I'm so glad you found your way here to TBB, I think it was meant to be for all of us to gather and talk about stuff. I've made the best of friends at LHC and I'd love for that to happen here with you gals (and guys!).

My problem was just plain old fluid build up, my tissues were full of it. Luckily none of it was around my heart and lung. It was probably a life saver, having all that fluid built up, because it WOKE me up. I am so much better living than not. Even with all my health problems and being on oxygen 24/7, I want to live and enjoy things, have people to love and talk too.
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:08 AM   #5
Kaydana
Sparkling Beauty

Snack foods are my "problem" foods. If I don't keep them somewhere that takes effort to get to and keeps them out of sight, I can easily eat a whole week supply of "snack foods" in a day.

I've lost almost 16lbs since april. Not a huge loss, but I basically gave up for a couple of months in the middle of that after a conversation with a nurse that left me feeling hugely discouraged. I've stopped making excuses now, and have started losing weight again. Still got a fair way to go before I get even close to a "healthy" weight. But I'm moving in the right direction now.
Kaydana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Vanille_
Sparkling Beauty

I'm excited to see this thread. I recently told DH, "All right. I've tried it. I've tried being overweight and have determined I don't like it. It feels uncomfortable and I'm done with it." And I mean it. I gradually gained weight from a healthy weight (115-120) to being overweight (145 last I checked and I refuse to check again!). It is physically uncomfortable to be this heavy. I can feel my belly when I sleep or sit and I hate how uncomfortable it feels.

So I'm with you. I'm hoping to drop down to 120 at least. I'm in the market for an elipticle since I'm home all day. I'm working on developing an exercise plan, though my interest does lie in bodyweights, and I'm going to be primarily juicing and cutting sugars. I have stopped drinking soda (day 3). Unfortunately, I have been substituting my ice lattes which are primarily sugar and 1%milk. I don't want to be miserable, so I'm hoping to limit my ice latte to once a day max.

I'm also trying to drink more water. I hate water, so I'm going to try tea. I'm going to be doing research on the healthiest ones. DH loves yerba mate and I've heard it's great for energy and weight loss. So I'm going to give that a try.
[/CENTER]
Vanille_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #7
justgreen

I use Mio in my water. I get the Black Cherry flavor , it has some of the B vitamins and also has caffeine and ginseng in it. I usually fix myself three 20 ounce bottles every night and put them in the fridge. We have great tasting well water, but it's so much nicer to have flavor, it does entice me to drink it, even with meals. I've even cut out the Ginger Ale I would have every now and then. You can find Mio at any grocery store, usually located in the aisle where the Crystal Light drink mixes are. A tiny bottle of liquid Mio is usually around $3.50 and one bottle lasts me about two weeks. There are more flavors but I just love Black Cherry the best. Most of the other flavors don't have the vitamins and caffeine. They have come out with Orange Tangerine, I might have a go at that one when I find it.
Old August 29th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #8
jacqueline101
Alluring Beauty

I'm 5ft 7 inches 136 pounds my ideal weight is 130 I gained 30 pounds this winter. I e lost a lot I done it myself.