View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM   #109
florenonite
Alluring Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy
Crocs. Ugly! In my opion. Some people love them for the comfort. I also hate Birkenstocks. I know they are extremely poplular and comfortable. To me they look like big clunky sandles.

I absolutely love my Birks, even though my friend tells me they're slippers (they're the clog ones; he's also Dutch so insists they aren't clogs because they aren't wooden, but I digress) but it's partly because they're 'ugly camp shoes'. I've gone to a summer camp since I was nine, and Birkenstocks have been popular there for years (with Roots sweatpants tucked into woolly socks ...), even though no one in the city wore them until recently. I'm actually annoyed they're popular, because it means they'll go out of fashion and then I'll be wearing shoes that have gone out of fashion rather than simply shoes that were never fashionable to begin with.

I like Crocs too for the same reason until other people started wearing them, so now I just wear them for canoe-tripping.
"Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]-Pierre Elliot Trudeau

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] [CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]"It's so easy to laugh[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]it's so easy to hate[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]it takes strength to be gentle and kind"
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER]
[LEFT][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]-The Smiths "I Know it's Over"
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Last edited by florenonite : February 23rd, 2008 at 11:27 AM.
florenonite is offline   Reply With Quote