The Beauty Bottle

The Beauty Bottle (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/index.php)
-   Fashion! (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Eyeglasses (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=1854)

device June 25th, 2008 04:25 AM

Eyeglasses

Where can I look to find out what the newer trends are for eyeglasses? (Smaller vs. larger frames, shapes, colors, thicker vs. thinner frames, metal or not, etc.) Obviously I know that what looks good depends on my face shape and my coloring and so forth, but the still are trends that help glasses look more modern or fashionable.

I have a few old pairs, and I am trying to figure out which to get my new lenses put into.

TIA!

Rae~ June 25th, 2008 07:21 AM

Gawd, you are doing better than I am, then, if you know what suits you! I'm completely crap at judging what looks decent on me. :rolleyes:

So, I too will be very interested in any replies to this thread. I need another pair of glasses sometime soonish....

Wind Dragon June 25th, 2008 08:19 AM

I never have a clue about these things, but a quick Google search brought up this:

http://beauty.about.com/cs/maybeauty...ealglasses.htm

I can't tell how hold the article is, and it doesn't get into much detail. I would have put the short (top to bottom) rectangular plastic frames I've seen a lot of for quite a while in the "big and bold plastic" category, so there may be a lot of room in there for interpretation.

Ah, here you go - "Spectacles, Glasses, Sunglasses Trends 2008." And what do I see but a whole page full of big and bold plastic. :lafhard: What do you suppose the odds are that people go for a certain fashion look, probably because some celebrity or other looks awesome in it, and it turns out that's the only person that does (look awesome in it, that is -- see first article.)

These probably aren't in fashion yet, but if you want to try setting a trend. . .

Alrighty then, that's obviously enough fooling around for me this morning. Hyaa, back to work, ya laggard! :parp:

funnybunny668 June 25th, 2008 05:02 PM

I know you're not looking to buy new frames, but you might want to browse around an optical place any way, just to see what's out there. Usually, you can get a pretty good idea of what's in style at the moment by the advertising posters on the walls and by what some of the sales staff are wearing.
When I got tired of my old wire frames and wanted some newer more fashionable plastic frames, I went to LensCrafters and told the salesgirl I wanted a "new Look" and she was very helpful. She pulled 5 or 6 pair to start, then when I'd made my choice, she still pulled a few more for me to try on, just to be sure I really liked the ones I picked out. She was really helpful.

ronnycane June 27th, 2011 02:01 AM

I love Eyeglasses. Wearing Eyeglasses protect our eyes. I like Raymond Eyeglasses.

justgreen September 21st, 2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnycane
I love Eyeglasses. Wearing Eyeglasses protect our eyes. I like Raymond Eyeglasses.

Raymond eyeglasses are for men. Do you have any suggestions for the OP on glasses for women?

Carolyn September 21st, 2011 08:04 PM

When I am looking at new frames I take a picture of myself wearing each pair I am considering. Then I take them home and ask a couple of my girlfriends opinions. Before shopping for frames I try to observe what I think looks good on other women as a starting point.

Stephanie September 22nd, 2011 09:44 PM

I stink ROYALLY at picking out frames. I don't know what to look for, but I do know (fortunately) what looks good once I've put it on. My husband...he's weird. He can walk into a room with hundreds of glasses, and in seconds, hone in on the single pair that would look good on me. Needless to say, I always take him with me when I need a new pair. ;)

That was of no help whatsoever, I know. LOL

LisaJaney September 30th, 2011 07:56 PM

Stephanie, isn't that annoying? But more annoying is a man like MINE, who has NO clue about colors or anything, so would be terrible to have along on a glasses shopping spree. (then again, maybe that's his trick: he's actually GOOD at it, but doesn't like to do it, so he pretends to be bad at it...hmmmm......very sneaky, the little devil!)

And I was no help whatsoever about the glasses. It seems that smaller is the trend now, but I live in Idaho, and we are NOT known for our fashion sense. We are, however, known for our potatoes. ;)

justgreen September 30th, 2011 10:44 PM

And I love potatoes.....

What subject were we discussing????