The Beauty Bottle

The Beauty Bottle (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/index.php)
-   Hair Care & Styling (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dabur Hair Oil (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=82)

Alley Cat June 11th, 2006 06:06 PM

Dabur Hair Oil

As LHC is down and I was going to do a search on this I thought someone might be able to answer my question.
I have some of the stuff in my hair now [ whew does it stink]:boggle: The directions say to shampoo it out as I mainly CO would that work or should I do a shampoo or a CWC any suggestions? I put in the 10mls they recommended so I have a lot of oil in my hair.:ooh:

mira-chan June 11th, 2006 06:35 PM

Just realized after posting the reply in the other thread where you mentioned this oil. I have the Dabur Special hair oil, is that the one you have?
If it is, it has mineral oil in it.
I have a bottle of it, I used it once, it made my hair dry. I was using shampoo at the time so I don't know about CO.

I also have Dabur Vatika Coconut oil.
If the oil you have is coconut oil based a longer than usually left on CO should take it out fine. I tend to take it off in two CO sessions as my ends and scalp absorb more oil then everything in the middle, they clean fine with one CO, and are too dry if I do two washes too close together.

Alley Cat June 11th, 2006 06:56 PM

It's actually Dabur Amla Hair Oil . I will try a CO and see how that goes my experience with other oils has been that it doesn't wash out for me that well and being on tank water I tend not to like to waste much water but here's hoping it doesn't take much washing out.
I guess I should go and add some conditioner to it now so it's left in a while.
Thanks for that.:eureka:

TwirlyTresses June 11th, 2006 07:41 PM

A CO deep treatment has definitely removed the Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil for me (I usually put either conditioner alone or SMT on my hair about an hour before I get in the shower). Don't know about the Amla oil, but I hope it works as well!

Alley Cat June 11th, 2006 09:01 PM

I have washed it out now I did a 30 mins CO and rinsed that and added more in shower then massaged in and rinsed it's still wet but feels a bit oily so I may need to Co again tomorrow . I will update you all and tell you want I thought of it all. I love trying new things:innocent:

Hairstorm June 12th, 2006 07:23 AM

Alley Cat, I have that exact same oil. I've only used it on the scalp, not the length. If I remember correctly (since I can't look at my LHC journal right now ;) ) it COed out well and gave my scalp hair a nice, soft feeling. But yes, it sure smells! Someone said amla does not smell like that; the company adds that fragrance. :?

Alley Cat June 12th, 2006 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairstorm
Alley Cat, I have that exact same oil. I've only used it on the scalp, not the length. If I remember correctly (since I can't look at my LHC journal right now ;) ) it COed out well and gave my scalp hair a nice, soft feeling. But yes, it sure smells! Someone said amla does not smell like that; the company adds that fragrance. :?

Oh ok I used it all over silly me ... I don't mind the smell now that it's washed off though it's a bit oily ... :purplex: Oh well it's all trial and error isn't it. Though I thought you would use it all over as it says it helps with split ends and hair loss [ not that I have that problem]:sweatdrop: