The Beauty Bottle

The Beauty Bottle (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/index.php)
-   Make-up (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What do you keep your makeup in? (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=2145)

kimberlily December 30th, 2008 06:20 PM

What do you keep your makeup in?

I am embarrassed to admit, I keep my cosmetics in a cardboard photo box. I really need something better! I used to have a drawer, but now it is all piled in this stupid, ugly box.

Where do you keep your makeup? Does it work for you? I'm thinking about getting a proper makeup case. Bags don't work out well for me, since I end up dumping them out every time I need something.

feisty redhead December 30th, 2008 08:43 PM

At the moment I am in need of more storage space. Mine's in a train case, a little storage thingy with 3 drawers plus three sections on top, and a little basket. Here are some pics (clickable thumbnails):

For the most part I'm happy with it. I tried to organize it so that all the foundations are together, all the blush in one place etc. All my lippies though, are tossed together in the bottom of the train case. Which makes it nearly impossible to find what I want. I need something else to organize those in, and so I can put my brushes in the bottom of the train case instead. I have them in a little aluminum tin (used to hold some pigments but never remembered to use the ones that were in there) but it's not big enough and I don't like it. I have some dual-ended brushes so I can't just put those into the little styrofoam cup I'd kept my brushes in before, either.

And yes I know the amount of makeup I have is disgusting. I don't care. lol Seriously, I am trying really hard not to buy more for a while, and to finish up some things I've had for a while now. It's just so hard, all those pretty new things they're always coming up with... LOL

Liluri December 31st, 2008 02:49 AM

I have 2 big draws and a little drawer which I keep my make up in. I need a sort out to scale back a bit so I can see what I have again... Or buy another set of draws :) I do have a train case as well but that sits empty in my cupboard as it takes room to open up and see and I tend not to use a lot of items, taking out a few and not looking through the whole case.

kimberlily December 31st, 2008 09:59 AM

I've been thinking about getting a train case because they're portable. Our bathroom is pretty small, and there's no room for a chest of drawers. Besides that, I never end up putting on my makeup in there since the lighting is terrible. I just wish train cases weren't so darn expensive.

Carolyn December 31st, 2008 10:07 PM

I keep mine on my makeup table. I have my vanity table from my early teen years and I still use it. It's a mess and it's piled high. I can't put make up on in the bathroom because I can't get close enough to the mirror to see anything. I have to have a stand up mirror and can get close to. Putting on make up is a fun relaxing thing for me and I like to be comfortable when doing it. Also I'm a make up ho and need lots of room for my stash.

kimberlily January 1st, 2009 12:25 PM

You know you’re a craft addict when you buy one of these to store your makeup ;) It is big, has dividers, and is cheaper than a train case. I got the purple one. I saw a bunch of blogs mentioning tackle boxes, but this is cuter, and if I travel, I can just put the essentials in one of the interior boxes to take along with me :)

Problem solved!

Shermie Girl January 8th, 2009 09:23 PM

I keep mine in Sterlite 3 drawer components. Four of them. I am going to have to find something more portable, tho. Traveling with those drawer thingies won't work. :lafhard:

I like the look of the one you linked to, Kimberlily but it won't hold my collection and all my brushes.

This is my current storage:

My collection has expanded a little since that pic was taken... :happy:

Periwinkle May 2nd, 2009 02:18 PM

I don't have much makeup - I generally only wear mascara, eyeliner and concealer - so I keep it in a mug on my desk. My whole filing system is based around mugs: one for makeup, one for coloured pens, one for writing pens, and one for hairtoys :D

dragqueen May 2nd, 2009 06:41 PM

I keep mine in a fishing tackle box they have some cute pink ones and it works awsome and you can keep everything seperate works great for me

jessie58 May 2nd, 2009 10:42 PM

I used to keep mine in a cardboard box under the sink for years but last year I bought a really nice clear lucite box with dividers and sections and lipstick holes in it. It's compact and looks pretty and now I keep it out on a small shelf unit near the counter. I don't have a large amount of makeup, so it might be pretty small for some people.