The Beauty Bottle

The Beauty Bottle (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/index.php)
-   Fashion! (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Bad Taste Costume Party - Help! (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=1318)

Nat242 February 25th, 2008 11:18 PM

Bad Taste Costume Party - Help!

Hi - hope this isn't in the wrong forum - given that I'm talking about the antithesis of fashion, but oh well! Feel free to move it to off topic if necessary.

I'm going to a "bad taste" costume party on the weekend. I don't want to spend a bunch on a costume, so what I'm hoping for is ideas for an outfit using things I may have at home...I'm asking a lot I know :boggle:.

So far I was thinking about wearing hipster jeans with a visible g-string at the top :gurn:...bad taste, certainly! Any ideas for the rest of the outfit?

Hair style suggestions are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Natalie

PS. I know "taste" varies from person to person, I hope no one is offended by this thread. I'm looking for funny ideas, not anything that may be considered bad taste by some and the height of fashion by others :innocent:

kimberlily February 25th, 2008 11:26 PM

My dad had a "tacky" party for his 40th. People showed up wearing sweatbands, legwarmers, fish ties, and the like. Mostly raided their closets for relics from the late 70's and early 80's :lol:

Miss Murphy February 26th, 2008 02:16 AM

Sandals with socks are for me the epitome of bad taste. And maybe an overly colourful sweater to go with it?

atlantaz3 February 26th, 2008 10:36 AM

Do the Madonna look and wear a black bra over a white t shirt. (yep just about anything from the 80's!) MJ's thriller look, or the Miami Vice look.
For your hair try the Boy George Culture Club look! (I am feeling so old right now!)

justgreen February 26th, 2008 10:42 AM

I have a pair of hand knitted leg warmers if ya need them! Move over Flashdance!

Isilme February 26th, 2008 11:23 AM

make a huge high ponytail at the side of your head! :D If you can give it lots of volume the more the better, hehe. And make your best effort to wear too much makeup in colours that looks garish on you, I suggest using too much bright blue mascara.

getoffmyskittle February 26th, 2008 11:25 AM

One of those long tops meant to be worn over jeans over tights with your butt crease showing.

That is all.

Nat242 February 26th, 2008 05:41 PM

Lots of good ideas, thanks everyone. :flowers:

I thought I'd braid my hair finely and tightly to get a 'crimped' look, and do the high pony tail on the side of the head...

I'm thinking, lots of blue eye shadow and fluro pink lipstick, stripes of rouge. Black bra over white shirt is a good option too!

Thanks everyone! ;)

Don't worry, I *won't* post pictures!

Teacherbear February 26th, 2008 07:12 PM

You could wear rollers in your hair.

And a request for a photo of your final outfit choice!

Nat242 February 27th, 2008 03:20 AM

Good suggestion teacherbear! I don't have rollers, but I was contemplating putting foils in my hair - my sister was commenting recently on how odd it looks when women stand outside hair salons with foils in their hair and dressed in a big smock smoking a cigarette ;)

atlantaz3 February 27th, 2008 09:39 AM

We need a giggle post a pic! We know it's not the real you!

Coppercurls February 27th, 2008 07:27 PM

I vote for a pic too!

PS~ Don't forget to add tons of beads and lace fingerless gloves if you go with the Madonna/80's girl. Sheesh, now I am feeling old ...:depressed:

Nat242 March 1st, 2008 02:19 AM

Okay - these pictures will be visible for a limited time only. I have cropped my face out, because I don't like posting my face on public forums, particularly when I'm dressed like an adult film star.

Warning - these pics not for the faint-hearted or fashion-conscious.

Note the visible g-string (with $5 tucked in one side, yikes), bright red bra under the white singlet with the pl@yb0y bunny on it. What you can't see are my ridiculous socks (no shoes), and ridiculous makeup.

I must say, I thought I was in bad taste, but there were plenty far, far worse. I'll spare you.

Also, those are the new jeans I was raving about on this thread.

Teacherbear March 1st, 2008 09:45 AM

Yay! pictures! hahaha Looks like you had a good time!

kwaniesiam March 1st, 2008 10:43 AM

Nice job. I think you had just the right balance of horrible taste yet not scaring everyone else off :)

Nat242 March 1st, 2008 08:43 PM

I had a wonderful time, thanks Teacherbear.

Kwaniesiam,
thanks. I didn't want to go to crazy - though there were others that did not have quite my "balance" ;)