The Beauty Bottle

The Beauty Bottle (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/index.php)
-   Hair Care & Styling (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2-Year LHC Anniversary! Celebrate with me! (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=1264)

Nightshade February 24th, 2008 12:06 AM

2-Year LHC Anniversary! Celebrate with me!

Two years already, damn :D (Well, 2 years in three days, but I had time to put this together now.)

I wish I had my previous anniversary thread to link to, but no such luck :( It had such a nice summary of progress.

Not a horrible lot has changed this year, and since you skimmed this anyway, here are the pics ;)

The biggest thing was that last October I hit my goal length of 36 inches at tailbone :D My next goal is to grow out the last foot or so of remaining dye damage (which is nice and visible in the half-up pic there on the end).

I'm much happier with my color then I was a year ago, and my henna mix is trending closer now to 4TB henna 6TB cassia (plus chamomile tea) for a root touchup

Just for kicks, here are some photos I had taken for the Etta Mae hair fork contest that I figured I may as well post here for fun!

Thank you guys so much for all your support! I would have done something rash by now without the compliments, support, and laughts :whoohoo:

Velvettt February 24th, 2008 12:16 AM

WOW! Just... wow! Truly thud-worthy.

MotherConfessor February 24th, 2008 01:02 AM

Sigh.... You have such beautifull hair. I have never wanted to dye my hair, but everytime I see your hair photos I secretly wish I was a royal red.

P.S. And your hairsticks are georgeous too.

Nastasska February 24th, 2008 01:12 AM

Happy Anniversary

Liluri February 24th, 2008 01:45 AM

Congratulations on your milestone and your hair is gorgeous

almudena February 24th, 2008 01:59 AM

Congrats on your Second Anniversary!!:happy: :happy: :happy: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :whoohoo:
I'm so glad you decided to share this with us. I remember having read about this on your journal and thought how great it would be to see more pictures of your gorgeous beautiful hair. You are my hair idol not only because of your absolutely breathtaking hair but because of the way you take care of it and share this knowledge with us. To me it has been an invaluable help (where are the flowers emo here???).

Congrats again and please keep sharing with us :happy:

Amoretti February 24th, 2008 03:54 AM

Congrats, Nightshade!!!!

I just love the progress pictures and how your hair has grown! You're also one of my hair idols and I have always noticed your beautiful siggy pictures over the years. Thanks so much for being a part of this community (and for setting us straight grammar-wise; where's the winking smilie?).

Yay, Nightshade!!!

florenonite February 24th, 2008 05:05 AM

Your hair is beautiful, and every time I see it I contemplate hennaing and then remember that (a) I'm too lazy for touch-ups but am also a perfectionist so would hate the different colour and (b) I'd probably manage to mess up henna and end up with fire engine red hair or something.

Remke February 24th, 2008 05:29 AM

Wow Nightshade, what a beautiful progress, it's just getting prettier. I love that updo's expecially the first pic. :D

DavidN February 24th, 2008 05:46 AM

Congratulations on your two year anniversary, Nightshade!

Also, your hair looks wonderful in these photos. It is shiny and healthy, and has the most divine colour!

Lize February 24th, 2008 05:50 AM

Nightshade - You have such amazing hair and really great progress! Happy second anniversary!!!

cindy58 February 24th, 2008 06:40 AM

Your hair looks wonderful! I also really like the line in your signature here -- it made me go look at your hairsticks! You're very creative!

frannyg February 24th, 2008 06:43 AM

Nightshade, there are not enough words in the English language to express what an inspiration you've been to me (and I am aware that you know all of the words in the English language, as well as their correct usage :innocent:).

Your constant support and the hard work you've put into giving excellent information at LHC has been invaluable and I am so very appreciative.

As to your hair, it looks beautiful. Your length goal has been reached, and I am looking forward along with you to that day when your goal of chemical free hair is reached as well. :flower::flower::flower:

Gemma February 24th, 2008 06:50 AM

Is it really just the two years, Nightshade? I always got the impression that you'd been there forever. You're definitely one of my favourite gurus. :whoohoo:

Your hair is so beautiful.

Carolyn February 24th, 2008 07:41 AM

I love progress pics! Your hair looks so nice. It was beautiful when you joined LHC but now it's omg wow. I need the "thud" smilie here. I love the rosette bun with the fork.

Shermie Girl February 24th, 2008 08:00 AM

Happy Anniversary, Nightshade. :whoohoo: Your hair looks fantastic. It is so shiny and healthy-looking. You have made such wonderful progress with it. Cheers to you and to another lovely growing year. :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :whoohoo:

Lixie February 24th, 2008 08:17 AM

Happy second anniversary, Nightshade!

Your hair looks wonderful, I've always very much admired it and am glad you're posting here at TBB. :grinhappy:

squiggyflop February 24th, 2008 08:18 AM

nightshade: your hair looks great... you have always been one of my hair idols ever since joining... and seeing pictures of your hennaed hair helped me make the jump to using henna myself... at first i didnt want to do it because i have naturally auburn hair but your hair always looked so healthy so i did it and i love it... i also love the way your hair does not have blunt ends... i dont think ive had blunt ends since i was a kid.. anyway your hair looks great! happy anniversary

brokenwings February 24th, 2008 08:21 AM

Your hair is so beautiful! I love the colour, the last ones (as you also) it has a lot of shine and now you are really really a long hair woman ;) i also has noticed that you are a very sweet person with all of the others that are starting so i am also thanking you for that. Happy to have people like you around this threads

WavyGal February 24th, 2008 09:19 AM

Happy anniversary! You have gorgeous hair! I love the colors and texture!

morningstar February 24th, 2008 09:40 AM

Wow Nightshade You are one of the first henna heads that inspired me when I joined LHC. I am always excited to see your progress pictures. Your hair is always breathtaking and those fork pictures are beautiful too. Thanks for sharing these! :happy:

Arctic February 24th, 2008 09:42 AM

Happy anniversary Nightshade! You're truly an inspirations :flower:
Your hair looks beautiful in every way! :grinhappy:

levelek February 24th, 2008 10:07 AM

Congratulations nightshade, what gorgeous locks you have!

Sibylla February 24th, 2008 10:28 AM

Nightshade!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you for being an inspiration for us all!!!!!!:candycane: :sweet: :kiss: :whoohoo:

Abanilla_Surfer February 24th, 2008 10:57 AM

Congratulations Nightshade. You hair looks beautiful and very long. You have been one of my idols since I joined and have made the descision to do some very necessary trimming on my own hair much more bearable. I will be cheering you on towards your chemical free goal and watching for the progress pictures. ;)

Teacherbear February 24th, 2008 11:32 AM

Nightshade, your hair is simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing all of the pictures!

jel February 24th, 2008 12:01 PM

Congratulations, Nightshade! :flower::flower::flower: Thanks for posting all the progress pictures, they're so inspiring! Your hair is really beautiful. Also, thanks for always being so generous and helpful with your ideas and experience, especially with henna and cassia - I was also thinking of changing the proportions of the mix and then I see you've already done it, again!

tomm February 24th, 2008 01:31 PM

Congratulations, Nightshade, on two wonderful years and on reaching your hair goal!

I love the third Etta Mae picture - the green leaves look so lovely in your hair. The image that comes to mind is "Woodland Elf".

Amethyst February 24th, 2008 01:44 PM

Congrats on your anniversary! I love the progress pics, thanks for sharing :happy: You are one of my hair idols and I sincerely appreciate the henna guru-ness you bring to the board(s) :flower:

Lamb February 24th, 2008 02:07 PM

Congratulations, Nightshade! Your hair is beautiful, and so are your leafy updos in the pictures.

prosperina February 24th, 2008 02:34 PM

Beautiful hair. When I first joined LHC and had orange hair (bleached blond hair + henna makes for pumpkin orange) pictures of your hair (along with a few others) saved me from cutting my hair off--or bleaching it into oblivion.

Flaxen February 24th, 2008 02:42 PM

Happy Anniversary, Nightshade! Those are some wonderful progress pictures, and your color has such a rich, dimensional look to it. :)

chloeishere February 24th, 2008 02:49 PM

I love your hair color, and it's so lovely and long! Hope you reach your hair goal soon-- it already looks amazing, even with the color damage.

spidermom February 24th, 2008 02:51 PM

You're such an inspiration. I'm glad to be going on the hair-growing journey with you. Right now I'm trying to follow your example and not cut off a bunch of hair because "it isn't perfect." It's so hard sometimes to stick with little trims only; I'm really sweating this today.

ReadingRenee February 24th, 2008 03:14 PM

I love seeing pictures of your hair Nightshade, they are too few and far between. :)

Your progress has been amazing. You are very inspirational, I think especially to those of us growing out damage. :)

zift February 24th, 2008 04:02 PM

Happy anniversary Nightshade:flower: Your hair is looking wonderful!:happy:

ladiosaRosa February 24th, 2008 06:37 PM

Happy Anniversary, Nightshade and congrats on your progress.

What a treat for us to see those progress pics. I've admired you hair for a long time.

curlsgirl February 24th, 2008 07:04 PM

Congratulations Nightshade!!! You have come a long way baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I have always admired your silky tresses!!! You're really a long hair inspiration to all of us! :whoohoo:

gilly February 24th, 2008 07:33 PM

Congrats Nightshade!
You have always been one of my hair idols, there are times I wish I was braver so I could try henna then I could have your beautiful colour.
Those photo's really show an improvement, thanks for posting them.

pookatrina February 24th, 2008 07:47 PM

Wow, wow & wow. I do just love the color.